ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visiting usa every 3 months under visa waiver

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mikeouk
Newly Registered

visiting usa every 3 months under visa waiver

Post by mikeouk » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:56 am

i just want to clarify.

over the past 4 years ive visited usa a total of 9 times, ive always returned to uk when i specified, shortest trip was 5 days, longest was a month.

I have family there (sister) and my long term plan is to move there using a sibling visa, im not planning on doing this for at least the next 6 years when my son will be old enough to decide if he comes with me or stays in the uk, but in the mean time, i want to do 3 months a year over there, 3months here and a month there ETC.

I just dont want to get into a situation where i have problems with immigration, they always make me feel guilty when im entering as it is. my understanding is that i can spend 3 months a year in the usa under the visa waiver programme? Im just wondering if theres proof i can always carry to show I have every intention to return to uk each time. I own my own property here in uk, my own ltd company of which im a director. Would taking proof of this be a good idea? If i was ever to get refused entry it would mess up my long term plans so this is very important to me.
thank you