ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR deferred: one business trip more than 90 days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:23 am

hi somu
members of forum expect an up date from you
whether you have received formal refusal?
If yes what is the wording?
Last edited by jami on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stillhopeful
Newly Registered

Post by stillhopeful » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:36 pm

Hi Somu,
I have just read these posts now and note that you have not posted anything since May 2011.

May I ask what was the outcome of your application if you have received it yet. I only ask as I have similar problem and my premium application has been deferred.

I hope it all worked out well for you.

emarketeruk

ILR Success - 450+ days absence with (2) above 3 months abs

Post by emarketeruk » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:23 pm

Hi All,

finally the misty is over, today i received my passport with ILR, i guess i am one of those very lucky once to receive ILR with high business absence, specially with 2 business absence more than 3 month at a stretch. seems the level 7 officer (senior immigration officer) has applied his discretion in my case & i am very grateful for this.

from day one, i was confident it will work out for me, even though many solicitors i have spoken to mentioned that i don’t stand a chance. the bottom-line is, the quality & quantity of your evidence is all matters when it come to caseworker discretion. all the best for all waiting & special thanks to moderators, specially Jami, for sharing the experience and thoughts with us

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:17 pm

congratulations and thanks

Good news for all concerned -- 450 business related absences with 2 more than 3 months at a time

Myth has broken that anything over 3 months at a time is fatal to ILR
I think SEO or Grade 7 officer is posted at each PEO and same day service should be useful in such cases as well

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:07 am

Hi Somu, any update? I am concerned having read your post. I myself am fulfilling all requirements for ILR however have total absences (business + holidays of 210 days. None are longer than 45 days).

I have been advised by solicitors that as long as its paid leave (hols or busienss) its ok. I am guessing your particular case worker took a very harsh view of the 90 days rule.

Any updates will be highly valued. Thanks!

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by networkers » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:29 am

Hi Somu, any update?