ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Irish Passport - No U.S. Birth Certificate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cbear42
Newly Registered

Applying for Irish Passport - No U.S. Birth Certificate

Post by cbear42 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:51 pm

My father was born in Ireland and I am an Irish citizen by virtue of his birth in Ireland - although born in the U.S. (My parents never married and my mother returned to the States to have me in the 1950's.) Apparently, for social reasons, she never never registered my birth properly with the State.

I have a U.S. passport because (in the U.S.) - you can obtain a certified "Letter of No Record" from the State you were born in - and provide supplementary documentation to prove your citizenship. On the basis of that documentation, I was issued a U.S. Passport.

However, I must submit a Long-Form Birth Certificate with my Irish Passport Application. I have my father's birth certificate - but has anyone here had experience with alternate documentation of Irish parentage OTHER than a Birth Certificate?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. :)