ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

public funded colleges

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shahbazali
- thin ice -

public funded colleges

Post by shahbazali » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:22 am

where can we find list of public funded colleges.

thanks

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:51 am

Try searching here and reading the reports:

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/adult-learning ... ion-report

I don't know of a definitive list.

Try the directgov website.

John

Post by John » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:32 am

I do not know of a list either.

Another angle .... look at the Register of Tier 4 Sponsors .... where you will see that places on the list are either Highly Trusted, A (Trusted) or B (Sponsor). I think that anyone who is A (Trusted) or B (Sponsor) is not a publicly funded college.

However it appears that anyone who is Highly Trusted is not necessarily publicly funded, although lots are.

If any aspect of this post is thought to be incorrect, do please post.
John

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:00 pm

John wrote:I do not know of a list either.

Another angle .... look at the Register of Tier 4 Sponsors .... where you will see that places on the list are either Highly Trusted, A (Trusted) or B (Sponsor). I think that anyone who is A (Trusted) or B (Sponsor) is not a publicly funded college.

However it appears that anyone who is Highly Trusted is not necessarily publicly funded, although lots are.

If any aspect of this post is thought to be incorrect, do please post.
I do disagree with this - for example the following two FE colleges which appear on the list: Havant College and South Downs College, I know to be publicly funded FE/6th form colleges and they are both A rated sponsors, not Highly Trusted.

I do not think there is a definitive list of publicly funded FE colleges that is readily available - following Paperpushers link and cross referencing with the list of sponsors seems to be the best option.

There is however a list of HEI's, but this isn't the OP's question.