ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British wife and Moroccan husband moving to UK from Spain

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

louloubells1979
Newly Registered

British wife and Moroccan husband moving to UK from Spain

Post by louloubells1979 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:29 pm

Hello everyone, i need some advice on the following.
My husband is Moroccan and he was granted a 10 year Schengen visa, we´ve lived together in Spain since 2008 and have a 4 month old baby, both baby and I have British passports.
We want to move to UK and i was told that i need to apply for a EEA permit, i looked at the requirements on the website and one of them states that i need to show that i am working or doing so before returning to UK.
The thing is that I am working as a waitress and I have no working contract, If I push my employers a bit, I might get a part time contract, even though I work for them full time. I could provide a work history record from the Social Security here in Spain stating all the different jobs I´ve had since I´ve been in Spain, would my application be denied due to the fact that Im not legally working? Should I include my working history?
Thank you all!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:31 pm

You don't need to provide evidence that you are now working. If you can provide evidence that you worked in the past (older payslips from previous job) that should be enough.

louloubells1979
Newly Registered

Post by louloubells1979 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:48 am

Thank you! Just one more question, should I translate ALL documents upon application? e.g. working contracts, employment history etc
Thanks again!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:03 am

If they are in Spanish and you apply in Spain, I would expect the local staff in the British consulate to be able to read it.