ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TOEFL Test Scores - how long for certificate to arrive?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Let_her_in!
Newly Registered

TOEFL Test Scores - how long for certificate to arrive?

Post by Let_her_in! » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:24 pm

Hello,

My fiancée took the TOEFL iBT test last Friday, we know that it takes 2 weeks for the results to be posted on their webpage.

My understanding is that UKBA only accept the official test scores certificate, or would they accept a print out from the web results for a fiancée visa?

How long does the TOEFL Test scores usually take to arrive ?

Or any workaround to speed up the my fiancée VISA application? Which English tests provide the quickest results with a certificate?

Thanks
J

geriatrix

Re: TOEFL Test Scores - how long for certificate to arrive?

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:02 pm

Let_her_in! wrote:How long does the TOEFL Test scores usually take to arrive ?
Let_her_in! wrote:we know that it takes 2 weeks for the results to be posted on their webpage.
To that add transit time for normal postage delivery.

Let_her_in! wrote:My understanding is that UKBA only accept the official test scores certificate, or would they accept a print out from the web results for a fiancée visa?
Approved English language test wrote:If you want to show that you meet the English language requirement because you have passed an English language test approved by us, you must provide your original test result certificate.

The certificate must clearly show:
- your name
- the qualification obtained
- the date of the award
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Let_her_in!
Newly Registered

Re: TOEFL Test Scores - how long for certificate to arrive?

Post by Let_her_in! » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:15 pm

Thanks sushdmehta,

I have spoken today with someone from ETS in London, apparently UKBA sometimes accept the web printouts but this is exceptional. They confirmed that the Certificate is generally required. They also confirmed that would take as a minimum 3 to 4 weeks after the test for the certificate to arrive !!! (sometimes longer depending on the country).

sushdmehta wrote:
Let_her_in! wrote:How long does the TOEFL Test scores usually take to arrive ?
Let_her_in! wrote:we know that it takes 2 weeks for the results to be posted on their webpage.
To that add transit time for normal postage delivery.

Let_her_in! wrote:My understanding is that UKBA only accept the official test scores certificate, or would they accept a print out from the web results for a fiancée visa?
Approved English language test wrote:If you want to show that you meet the English language requirement because you have passed an English language test approved by us, you must provide your original test result certificate.

The certificate must clearly show:
- your name
- the qualification obtained
- the date of the award

Angkag
Newly Registered

Post by Angkag » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:21 am

I can only relate our current experience, but my wife is scheduled to take a TOEFL test soon (she is fluent and all thse tests are a formality, but also needed for UK university down the road).

We were going to use this for our FLR application, but quickly became aware that it would delay the application process while we had to wait for the certificate, which they said could be a few weeks or longer.

Talking to the embassy in Jakarta, we found a route where she can take a simpler test locally to the required A1 standard where the certificate is issued same day, so thats what we will do.

Not sure if this addresses your question directly or not, but I think the TOEFL test can take a while to come through.

ferdy1990
Newly Registered

Post by ferdy1990 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:46 am

It takes up to 14 days for the results to be posted on their website. In my case, it took them 17 days to actually post my certificate in the mail and according to them it should take up to 6 weeks to arrive. I'm in Brazil, by the way.