ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ROA on Pakistani passport, Now applying for British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

z4ydi

ROA on Pakistani passport, Now applying for British Passport

Post by z4ydi » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:17 pm

Before my wife gets her spouse visa issued my first child was born while in Pakistan. Because my child was British by descent, I had 2 options to bring him:
1. To apply for a British passport in Pakistan BHC but the lead time was 7 months.
2. To apply for Right Of Abode (ROA) for my child which will be stamped in his Pakistani passport.
I went for Option 2 because the lead time was much, much shorter. My wife and child joined me in the UK in April 2011, My question is: since my child has ROA on his Pakistani passport, do I apply for British passport straight away or is there another process?

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:56 pm

hi
check this out if this helpfull for you.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr ... /DG_174105
NAZIA XX

khankhattak

Re: ROA on Pakistani passport, Now applying for British Pass

Post by khankhattak » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:45 pm

z4ydi wrote:Before my wife gets her spouse visa issued my first child was born while in Pakistan. Because my child was British by descent, I had 2 options to bring him:
1. To apply for a British passport in Pakistan BHC but the lead time was 7 months.
2. To apply for Right Of Abode (ROA) for my child which will be stamped in his Pakistani passport.
I went for Option 2 because the lead time was much, much shorter. My wife and child joined me in the UK in April 2011, My question is: since my child has ROA on his Pakistani passport, do I apply for British passport straight away or is there another process?
what was ur nationality on date when child born
plz let me know if im saying anything incorrect

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:09 pm

khankhattak wrote:
z4ydi wrote:Before my wife gets her spouse visa issued my first child was born while in Pakistan. Because my child was British by descent, I had 2 options to bring him:
no point to asking this question ofcourse he was british thats why child got ROA so its clears that when child was born father was british national.
NAZIA XX

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:59 pm

2. There's no hurry. Wait until ROA expires or they will cancel the ROA when applying for a British passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

khankhattak

Post by khankhattak » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:08 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
khankhattak wrote:
no point to asking this question ofcourse he was british thats why child got ROA so its clears that when child was born father was british national.
sorry for asking but he didnt mention it and i read some where that the right of adobe holder needs to apply citizenship first
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Right_of_ ... ed_Kingdom

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:40 pm

Not necessary, if child is already British.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:15 am

khankhattak wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
khankhattak wrote:
sorry for asking but he didnt mention it and i read some where that the right of adobe holder needs to apply citizenship first
Yes I was a British Citizen at the time of my child's birth, hence the ROA. So does this mean I don't have to apply for anything but a straight forward British Passport application?

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:49 am

Yes, a straightforward british passport application.

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:49 pm

Thanks you

khankhattak

Post by khankhattak » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:56 am

z4ydi wrote:
khankhattak wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
khankhattak wrote: what was ur nationality on date when child born
Yes I was a British Citizen at the time of my child's birth, hence the ROA. So does this mean I don't have to apply for anything but a straight forward British Passport application?
yes ur child is british and u can apply to british passport thats right

fkappaya
Newly Registered

child british passport

Post by fkappaya » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:12 pm

Hi,
I am in the same situation the only diff is I didn't knew about ROA at the time of applying for my child passport,its been 3 months now and few other cases I have seen they are taking 8 to 10. Months now for first child passport,I want to travel to uk what do u think is the best way should I cancel the passport application at this time and apply for ROA?how long does ROA application takes,thanks

Nazia88

Re: child british passport

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:17 pm

fkappaya wrote:Hi,
I am in the same situation the only diff is I didn't knew about ROA at the time of applying for my child passport,its been 3 months now and few other cases I have seen they are taking 8 to 10. Months now for first child passport,I want to travel to uk what do u think is the best way should I cancel the passport application at this time and apply for ROA?how long does ROA application takes,thanks
3 to 4 week i think
NAZIA XX

z4ydi

Re: child british passport

Post by z4ydi » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:56 am

Nazia88 wrote:
fkappaya wrote:Hi,
3 to 4 week i think
It takes the same amount of time as the Sattlement Visa, which is around 12 weeks - if you are 3 months through the waiting process I would say just wait for the passport - it is 6 - 7 months and it is cheaper than the ROA.