ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds for Spouse and dependants

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

doitright
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds for Spouse and dependants

Post by doitright » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi, I have ILR, Can anyone please advise if there is a maintenance funds threshold for wife or children when you apply for spouse or dependent child visa from out of the UK? As Tier 1 dependants need to have funds of 1300 in place for at least three months, I am wondering if there is similar requirement for settlement application....Can not find any info to prove or disprove it on UKBA website.

Thanks in advance for your help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:21 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

doitright
Newly Registered

Post by doitright » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:05 am

Thanks very much for the link. Very useful.

Any personal view in regards with my individual case would be great. My monthly income is between 1800 and 2200 (paid directly in the bank account) but my account has been overdrawn on and off in the last three months. Can I apply straight away or should I wait 3 months to build up a handsome balance? Shall be grateful for the help.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:09 am

Your historical cashflow will be examined for an overall trend. What is making it chronically overdrawn? Are these payments a series of fixed costs such as rents, or payments servicing loans and debts that, can't be avoided; or do you have a champagne lifestyle that could be reduced at your discretion? The latter will not be an issue, the former may be an indication that you can't live within your current means and may struggle to support another adult.