ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification from AN form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

knsubbu
Newly Registered

Clarification from AN form

Post by knsubbu » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:05 am

Dear friends,

I am due to apply for British nationality, I have query in the form AN, item 1.35. I need to enter the partner's communication address. She is not staying in this country. She is staying back home with our kid. I go frequently travel and back.

The address i can enter is my home country address. Is this affect the application anyway. She doesn't have any VISA. Since she was not qualified for ILR, she didn't apply that time.

I need your advise on this...
Regards
S

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:23 am

I believe your main issue is meeting the future intentions requirement. The HO might not be convinced that you plan to make the UK your home.

You can read more here. In particular section 2.

knsubbu
Newly Registered

Reclarification

Post by knsubbu » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:20 am

Dear sir,

What do you suggest? If i apply for Settlement VISA for family and bring them for short period, could help?
or i need to consider buying a house in UK could help in anyway...

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Clarification from AN form

Post by Jambo » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:29 am

knsubbu wrote:Dear friends,
I am due to apply for British nationality, ....
Aren't you British already?

knsubbu
Newly Registered

Re

Post by knsubbu » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:20 pm

No, I am yet to apply for naturaliszation

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:28 pm

Weird. So who wrote this post?
knsubbu wrote:Dear All,

I am a british by naturalisation now got british passport in July Ist week. My wife and daughter(6 yrs) doesn't have ILR and they are back home. Now we have a new baby. Is he eligible for british passport since i am briitsh or he has to enter UK with some entry clearance and then wait for prescribed period..ILR and then British passport.

Your expert advise is much appreciated..
Back to your original question - What are your future intentions? Do you plan to live in the UK or go back to home country? The HO will grant BC to people who wish to be part of the UK, not just to have a British passport.

knsubbu
Newly Registered

Re

Post by knsubbu » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Thanks for letting me know..

I am surprised to see the note. I never written in naturalisation section of forum. i have written in ILR section.

Due to family constraints ( old age parents etc) i could not bring from family here. Our future intention is to stay in UK. But not immediately for family. I will continue to stay till they join me...

In this case any suggestions/advise

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:13 pm

You can add a note in the "Other Information" section in the form about your future intentions explaining why you haven't established your home in the UK yet.

On the other hand, this might draw the HO attention to the issue so maybe better not to mention at all...

Read the Future Intentions section again to see if you believe you meet the requirement or not.

Maybe other members have different view/experience.

knsubbu
Newly Registered

re

Post by knsubbu » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:21 pm

Thanks for suggestions. I will read and see if i meet all requirements before i apply.
thanks once again.