ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Emailing UKBA for ILR delay

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

santoshganpath

Emailing UKBA for ILR delay

Post by santoshganpath » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:07 am

All,

I have applied for ILR on 7 Sept 2011 at croydon PEO and unfortunately it has been deferred and I was given a letter saying "application sent to further enquiries". My only issue was a single absence of 116 days out of UK. In total, I had 123 days of absence in 5-years. Rest of all my documentation was fine and straight forward.

The long absence was a business trip working for my UK company from India. I have also submitted payslips, bank statements covering the absence period to prove that I was in UK company's payroll drawing my UK salary after paying PAYE tax and NI. Also provided UKBA with a letter from my employer.

My question is, can we send an email to "settlement operational policy" or the "uk public enquires" teams or write to them to find out whats going on with my application as I have applied for "Premium Service", I have legitimate reason for asking them why this is taking so long to decide on my application even after paying for "Premium Service"

Has anyone emailed or written to these HO teams and if they did, what was the response from HO. Please share your experiences.

Its been four weeks now, I have applied for my ILR (Set O) under 3 yrs HSMP+2 yrs Tier 1. I got my initial hsmp visa on Sept 14, 2006.

Many thanks & kind regards...
Santosh

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:23 am

An absence of 116 days is not a straightforward application so it was perhaps always going to be this way. There is nothing to stop you sending an email if you have or have been given the address, but if you are asking if they will reply and give you an indication, I can't comment on that possibility.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:49 am

PEO applications which aren't approved on the day join the postal queue...which no special priority (although the premium fee is charged). You may not get any response to your enquiries until the standard 14 weeks have passed.

santoshganpath

Post by santoshganpath » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:55 pm

Thanks Casa and Lucapooka,

I have not emailed or written to them yet, but wanted to know whether anyone have done this.

Anyway, the only option I have got now is to wait and pray.

Thanks again for your responses.

Regards...
Santosh

santoshganpath

ILR Refused

Post by santoshganpath » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:38 pm

UKBA has refused my application citing that I had long absence of more than 90 days with a right of Appeal. I have appealed against this decision and my hearing is scheduled in the next two weeks.

Cannot understand why they have refused, despite submitting all the evidences like Payslips, bank statements for the absence period supported by the employer's letter. Further in the refusal letter they just mentioned that they are refusing my application because of this absence. They have not mentioned why any of my evidences taken (or not taken) into consideration. I have submitted original payslips, original bank statements covering the total absence period along with the employer's letter (original).

Rest of my documents were all fine, submitted 5-years p-60's, enough balance in my bank account, my house mortgage documents etc.

Wondering what else need to be taken to the court ? All that I had, I have submitted to UKBA.

Can anyone suggest what more documents should be taken to court apart from the latest payslips, bank statements.

Regards...
Santosh

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:57 pm

Please continue under one topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!