ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier-2 dependant visa - marriage certificate

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sud
Newly Registered

tier-2 dependant visa - marriage certificate

Post by sud » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi,

This is regarding applying for a tier-2 dependant visa from India (chennai). I am getting married this month and I want to apply dependant visa for my wife right after the wedding. Until now I was in the opinion that a marriage certificate issued by registrar office in India would do the job, but lately one of my friend was saying that they are asking for my name to be mentioned as a spouse in my wife's passport. In this case I may have to apply for a new passport for my wife, which would further delay the process.
Can someone who has recently applied for dependant visa in India comment on this?

Thanks a lot,

Sud

geriatrix

Re: tier-2 dependant visa - marriage certificate

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:50 pm

sud wrote:one of my friend was saying that they are asking for my name to be mentioned as a spouse in my wife's passport.
Your friend is ill-informed.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

virgo799
Newly Registered

Post by virgo799 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:02 am

I think it is not necessary, Last month I applied for me, my wife and my daughter for Tier 2 visa + dependents. My wife passport is old passport and my name is not mentioned. I got the visa. But your Marriage certificate should be in English otherwise you need to submit the translated version of the Certificate along with original.