ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time between 90 day Waiver Visa

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mikeazzo
Newly Registered

Time between 90 day Waiver Visa

Post by mikeazzo » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:14 am

Hi

I have a UK passport. I'm trying to find out what is the minimum time before taking 2 full trips to the USA on the 90 day waiver. I've heard that you can only do this once a year using the full 90 days.

So in effect are you only allowed 90 days a year in the US on this Visa Waiver? If this is so I will have to go for the 180 Tourist visa.

Many thanks in advance,

Mike

mikeazzo
Newly Registered

Post by mikeazzo » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:18 am

One more point I forgot to ask.

If I go to ths US on the 90 Day Visa Waiver, will it effect my applying for a Tourist visa for 180 days on my return to the UK?

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:02 am

mikeazzo wrote:One more point I forgot to ask.

If I go to ths US on the 90 Day Visa Waiver, will it effect my applying for a Tourist visa for 180 days on my return to the UK?

There is no minimum time to be outside the U.S. but U.S. Immigration will get very suspicious if they think you are trying to live in the U.S. as a tourist.

Applying for a B2 as a citizen of a visa waiver nation invites an obvious question : why do you want one?