ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

maintenance query??

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PSINGH1407
Newly Registered

maintenance query??

Post by PSINGH1407 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:33 am

Dear all,

This is regarding visa application for student which I am applying on 5th December, my query is related to maintenance I need to show.
I recently found out that I just need to show a bank statement of only one month, is that true??
Also, I would be getting my salary paid on 1st December, does this entry be counted as valid towards the amount of money I need to show for my visas.

Thanks
Singh

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Re: maintenance query??

Post by tuliprose » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:25 pm

PSINGH1407 wrote:Dear all,

This is regarding visa application for student which I am applying on 5th December, my query is related to maintenance I need to show.
I recently found out that I just need to show a bank statement of only one month, is that true??
Also, I would be getting my salary paid on 1st December, does this entry be counted as valid towards the amount of money I need to show for my visas.

Thanks
Singh
You must show that required level of funds are kept in your bank for 28 days and the statement must not be more than one month old before the visa application.

You must check how much funds you need before you start maintaining it for 28 days.

PSINGH1407
Newly Registered

Maintenance

Post by PSINGH1407 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:18 am

Dear All,

I recently come to know dat we can NOT use share certificates, gold bills, or mutual funds in our visa file as they are ONLY considering liquid money in Bank account and as a Fixed deposit.

Also, How old bank statement require? Like lasst 3 months or 6 months?

Can anyone please give me an expert advise on this issue

stephalphs
Newly Registered

Post by stephalphs » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:32 am

I am not an expert, but based on the guidance: You need to have enough money to cover the first year of your course and 9 month maintenance fee. If you are in London, you need £800 for 9 months = £7200. If you are outside London you need £600 for 9 months = £5400. This is in addition to any balance you owe your school for the first year.
If you have established student status I think you need maintenance only for 2 months. You need to have this money in your account for 28 consecutive days, not more than a month before the date you apply.
Hope this has helped.
And yes, you need only disposable money, no bonds or shares

PSINGH1407
Newly Registered

Visa Documents

Post by PSINGH1407 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:19 pm

Dear All,

I really would appreciate if anyone can give me the complete list of documents require for student visa under tier 4 general.

Many thanks

Singh :

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:22 pm

read the tier 4 policy guidance!

PSINGH1407
Newly Registered

Post by PSINGH1407 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:24 pm

Thank you very much Guru, It was very very helpful. I really dont know dat I should read Guidline. Once again thanks you :oops:

PSINGH1407
Newly Registered

Documents

Post by PSINGH1407 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:54 am

I have heard that application from india for tier 4 general student requires only bank statements. They dont need any income tax return or proof of money.....am I correct?