ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-application for PR

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

apkashyap
Newly Registered

Re-application for PR

Post by apkashyap » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi all,

I had filed for PR in 2008 but for some personal reasons, I had decided not to proceed with it and had just left it, but I checked recently and its still accessible, though it has not moved an inch. ACS had assessed me as positive then. It would be expired now, so I am planning to get myself re-assessed from ACS again. There have been a few changes (got married, change of passport #, additional work experience, ACS assessment expiry, etc)

My new application would be a sponsored (relative, subclass 176) application.

I had a few questions in my mind.

1. Can the fees that was paid for the old application be transferred to a new application now? Of course, the balance will have to be paid.

2. Do I get myself "re-assessed" by ACS? Or do I submit for assessment as a fresh application?

3. What are the processing times feedback from actual applicants? The website mentions as 24 months for High Risk (India) applicants for subclass 176. Has anyone been able to get this visa any earlier than 24 months?

Any info would be great!

P