ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help Regarding Some Questions In Vaf4A Form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

scan87

Need Help Regarding Some Questions In Vaf4A Form

Post by scan87 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:07 am

Hello everyone,

I going to apply for fiancee visa in a few days time. I need some help regarding some questions in the VAF4A form.

I have written the possible answers to the questions. Please correct me if there is something wrong in my answers. The questions are:-

Question 6.1 Have you travelled to the UK in the last 10 years?
Put a cross (x) in the relevant box

Answer: I have written the answer as:-

Date Destination Purpose Duration

04/12/2005 United Kingdom To study for Bachelor's Degree 24/11/2005 - 31/01/2008

Is the duration correct? The reason I am asking this question because after completing my Bachelor's Degree I had made several applications to the Home Office to stay in UK. I came back to my country (India) after spending nearly 6 years in UK. Or should the duration be the entire 6 years I spent in UK?

Question 6.6 Have you ever been deported, removed or otherwise required to leave any country, including the UK in the last
10 years? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box

Answer: My visa was about to expire on 30/08/2011 and so I had to leave UK. Do I need to write this as the answer to this question?

Question 8.7.15 How much does your sponsor spend each month on living costs?

Answer: What type of expenditure costs should I include in the answer to this question? Do I need to give proof of the expenditure costs?

Thank you very much for your help.

diehard

Post by diehard » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi

Ans 1- u will have to provide complete immigration history--of all the years spent in the UK, ( all visa extensions and purpose )

Ans 2 -if you willingly left uk before expiry of visa, then the answer is no

Ans 3 -Rent, bills, travel, food , (total expenditure) and i dont think u need to give proof of expenditure, but u need to give proof of income

scan87

Post by scan87 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:25 am

diehard wrote:Hi

Ans 1- u will have to provide complete immigration history--of all the years spent in the UK, ( all visa extensions and purpose )

Ans 3 -Rent, bills, travel, food , (total expenditure) and i dont think u need to give proof of expenditure, but u need to give proof of income
Dear diehard thank you very much for your reply.

As per your reply you are saying that I should provide my complete immigration history - of all the years spent in the UK (all visa extensions and purpose) for Ans 1, but there is a separate question regarding this in the VAF4A form:-

Question 6.7 Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years? If ‘Yes’ please provide details

So should Ans 1 be just about the initial Entry Clearance Visa I had obtained?

Thank you.

diehard

Post by diehard » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:16 am

Hi scan
yes you are correct, thats a separate question to provide immi history

Ans 1 -should be all the dates u entered uk, u can get this from your passport- immigration stamps

for example in my case i entered uk in jan 04 and travelled a few times outside uk so i wrote all the dates and reasons to travel back to uk eg. studies, work etc,

so if u travelled to uk only once and did not travel outside , you need to only write that date

Hope this helps

scan87

Post by scan87 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 am

diehard wrote:Hi scan
yes you are correct, thats a separate question to provide immi history

Ans 1 -should be all the dates u entered uk, u can get this from your passport- immigration stamps

for example in my case i entered uk in jan 04 and travelled a few times outside uk so i wrote all the dates and reasons to travel back to uk eg. studies, work etc,

so if u travelled to uk only once and did not travel outside , you need to only write that date

Hope this helps

Thank you very much for your reply. You have helped me to clear my confusion. Yes I obtained just one Entry Clearance Visa and the rest immigration stamps are from the Home Office when I had extended my visas while in the UK.

If you permit can I please ask you just one more question?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:10 am

scan87 wrote:

As per your reply you are saying that I should provide my complete immigration history - of all the years spent in the UK (all visa extensions and purpose) for Ans 1, but there is a separate question regarding this in the VAF4A form:-

Question 6.7 Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years? If ‘Yes’ please provide details

Thank you.
no, 6.7 is about applications for leave to remain, therefore it is asking you about applications you made in the UK, whilst you were here.

scan87

Post by scan87 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:25 am

Greenie wrote:
scan87 wrote:

Thank you.
no, 6.7 is about applications for leave to remain, therefore it is asking you about applications you made in the UK, whilst you were here.

Thank you very much for your reply Greenie. Yes I know Question 6.7 is about my applications made to the Home Office in the UK. I was just too confused about Question 6.1.

diehard

Post by diehard » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:22 pm

yes scan you can ask more questions, this what this board is for

scan87

Post by scan87 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:22 am

diehard wrote:yes scan you can ask more questions, this what this board is for
Thank you very much for replying back diehard. I have already posted my questions in a separate topic and got the answers as well.

Thank you very much again. You guys have been a real help to me.