ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR appeal succesful & waiting for UKBA to contact me

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

santoshganpath

ILR appeal succesful & waiting for UKBA to contact me

Post by santoshganpath » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:20 pm

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me whom (which office) to contact in UKBA after the appeal is succesful. Its more than 4 weeks I received the determination order in my favor.

I have contacted the HOPO team of Angel Square and they said that my file has been forwarded to the relevant visa section of UKBA. But they are not providing any information on which UKBA office they have forwarded my file.

When I called the general enquiries team on 08706067766, they are unable to give any information and they said that the AIU in Leeds is closed and they are not sure how it works. But they also informed me that I need to wait until I receive the letter from UKBA asking for passport and should not send in my passport without their letter which might cause severe delays.

Any inputs will be much appreciated.

Regards...
Santosh

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:30 pm

what application did you make and on what basis?

what is the address on the refusal letter?

santoshganpath

Post by santoshganpath » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:33 pm

It was ILR (Set O) application with HSMP (3 years) + Tier 1 (2 years).

I went to Croydon PEO and the address on the refusal letter is Croydon address.

Regards...
Santosh

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:41 pm

write to the address on the refusal letter.

santoshganpath

Post by santoshganpath » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:43 pm

Thanks Greenie

santoshganpath

Post by santoshganpath » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:40 pm

All,

My solicitor received the letter from UKBA asking for my passports. I am a bit worried because, I am not using my solicitor for visa endorsement services as he is charging for this too. I only used his services to represent me in the appeal tribunal and after I won the appeal, I paid his fee and that was it. I also communicated to UKBA by writing two letters requesting them to write to me directly instead of my solicitor.

But UKBA has still sent the letter to him asking for my/our passports. My solicitor didn't communicated to me that he has received the letter from UKBA, but when I made a random enquiry he has informed me of the letter. He received the letter on 6th Jan but I came to know of this yesterday 13 Jan evening.

Anyway, now I have taken that letter from him and I am sending the passports to UKBA on my own enclosing a self addressed special delivery prepaid envelope to be on safeside.

I have a silly question, it may look very stupid but I need clarity on this. The letter asking for passports that is sent by UKBA is signed by a lady called "Asima", do I need to address the covering letter/package to her followed by UKBA croydon address or just to UKBA croydon address without putting her name on the covering letter/package.

Are we allowed to send passports addressed on an individual's name? Please clarify.

Regards...
Santosh

Family
Newly Registered

Post by Family » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:37 am

santoshganpath wrote:All,

My solicitor received the letter from UKBA asking for my passports. I am a bit worried because, I am not using my solicitor for visa endorsement services as he is charging for this too. I only used his services to represent me in the appeal tribunal and after I won the appeal, I paid his fee and that was it. I also communicated to UKBA by writing two letters requesting them to write to me directly instead of my solicitor.

But UKBA has still sent the letter to him asking for my/our passports. My solicitor didn't communicated to me that he has received the letter from UKBA, but when I made a random enquiry he has informed me of the letter. He received the letter on 6th Jan but I came to know of this yesterday 13 Jan evening.

Anyway, now I have taken that letter from him and I am sending the passports to UKBA on my own enclosing a self addressed special delivery prepaid envelope to be on safeside.

I have a silly question, it may look very stupid but I need clarity on this. The letter asking for passports that is sent by UKBA is signed by a lady called "Asima", do I need to address the covering letter/package to her followed by UKBA croydon address or just to UKBA croydon address without putting her name on the covering letter/package.

Are we allowed to send passports addressed on an individual's name? Please clarify.

Regards...
Santosh
I think, yes. It is better to send in personal name. Also better write your case ref. no. on the envelope. I remember, one of my friend also sent some additional documents, in person's name & he got ILR.

santoshganpath

Post by santoshganpath » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:41 am

Thanks, will do.

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:44 pm

why were refused ILR first time. Did you apply under JR policy

santoshganpath

Post by santoshganpath » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:48 pm

Thanks Sagar

I got my ILR visa now, its all cleared. Thanks for your reply anyway.

My initial ILR visa was refused due to 115 days continuous absence out of UK although it was a work related absence. Please check my other posts, you will understand.

Regards...
Santosh