ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR refused

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Tier1migrant, are you suggesting that this database in Sheffield is somehow different to the one that was used at the PEO where the person who started this thread was refused? I doubt it! The UKBA system has him down as TWES and this has to be confirmed or corrected. It is not relevant that his own HR dept think otherwise as their system is not the UKBA and what they think was applied for and what was actually issued seem to be very different. This is a big mess and may not be an easy fix given that events took place five years ago.

mguy
Newly Registered

Post by mguy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:11 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Tier1migrant, are you suggesting that this database in Sheffield is somehow different to the one that was used at the PEO where the person who started this thread was refused? I doubt it! The UKBA system has him down as TWES and this has to be confirmed or corrected. It is not relevant that his own HR dept think otherwise as their system is not the UKBA and what they think was applied for and what was actually issued seem to be very different. This is a big mess and may not be an easy fix given that events took place five years ago.
You're right this is a big mess.I spoke to HR and they cant seem to find the relevant WP1 application form,The only hope is to may be get a letter from them stating what they think happened and hope for some discretion from the UKBA as clearly I have been led to believe i was on B&C WP by my company & UKBA.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:16 pm

As suggested earlier, submit a subject access request - if you / your employer have no tangible evidence to prove that you then made an application for leave as a WP(B&C) holder.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mguy
Newly Registered

Post by mguy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:19 pm

sushdmehta wrote:As suggested earlier, submit a subject access request - if you / your employer have no tangible evidence to prove that you then made an application for leave as a WP(B&C) holder.
Guess that will be my next move considering im running out of options,How long do you reckon the turn around time would be after applying for SAR?
Thanks in advance.

mguy
Newly Registered

Post by mguy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:33 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Tier1migrant, are you suggesting that this database in Sheffield is somehow different to the one that was used at the PEO where the person who started this thread was refused? I doubt it! The UKBA system has him down as TWES and this has to be confirmed or corrected. It is not relevant that his own HR dept think otherwise as their system is not the UKBA and what they think was applied for and what was actually issued seem to be very different. This is a big mess and may not be an easy fix given that events took place five years ago.
Was wondering if you can shed some light into this , the below mentioned sentences appear in my WP letter :-

IMMIGRATION ACT 1971 - THE WORK PERMIT ARRANGEMENTS

[Thank you for your application to provide training to X who is currently in the UK.
We have approved this application against the WP criteria for 60 months.
Mr X has leave to enter or remain in an immigration category that permits him to take up/continue full time employment with the company in the UK ]
It says nothing about the restrictions on a TWES and rest of the letter is generic.
Can anyone confirm is this is how a TWES WP looks like?
Thanks in advance...

KKumar

Post by KKumar » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:20 pm

This confuse me now with work permit number.
I am applying for ILR Jan-2012 end with PEO. I had two work permit + tier 1 general.

My first work permit was issued in Oct 2006 and it does have reference number on top right corner starting 5DO/E + 6 digit/001 and in midle section wording "PERMIT NUMBER F+6DIGIT". My entry clearance has visa type - VISA WORK PERMIT F+6digit. I understand this intra company transfer as i was with same employee in india. and i remember i had simiar discussion with HR at the time.

second, i changed employer in 2007 and i have a letter of home office of change of employer with similar reference number 7EG/E+6digit(samenumberofprevious wp). there is not specific mention about permit number but in footer i can see a number starting with W+6digit. and Passport -- residency permit .. top right corner has number starting with UK+7digit.

so my question is how can i confirm what type of work permit i had first and second time ? I just want to be sure for counting 5 years of period for my ILR this Jan 2012.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Thanks,
KKumar

devmanda1ia

Post by devmanda1ia » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:16 pm

this is concerning. My wp letter says 1LN/F 8digit. I switched from whm to wp. My consultant says mine is definitely a normal wp. The letter just says wp for 60 months under wp arrangements.