ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Photocopies required for postal applications?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kasturi75

Photocopies required for postal applications?

Post by kasturi75 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:45 am

Hi All,
I am planning to send my postal application for ILR under HSMP JR policy in two weeks time. I would highly appreciate if you could answer below noted queries.
- Do I need to send a set of photocopies along with my original application & supporting documents?
- How many pay slips, P60s & Bank statements that I have to submit with?
- Normally how long it takes to return the passports & original documents in a straight forward case?
- Finally, is it advisable to visit a same day service centre than postal application without considering the cost factor?

Thanks in advance.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Re: Photocopies required for postal applications?

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:07 am

kasturi75 wrote:- Do I need to send a set of photocopies along with my original application & supporting documents?
You don't need to sent photocopies with your application. It is generally required at PEO appointment.
kasturi75 wrote: - How many pay slips, P60s & Bank statements that I have to submit with?
As you are covered by HSMP JR, so you need to send your last three month payslips and Bank statement. I would prefer six month. You can send all your P60 with application.
kasturi75 wrote: - Normally how long it takes to return the passports & original documents in a straight forward case?
Depends on case load at Home Office. Generally it will take around 6 to 8 weeks for a straight forward case. You can check the time duration for straight cases in the seperate thread for this purpose.
kasturi75 wrote: - Finally, is it advisable to visit a same day service centre than postal application without considering the cost factor?
If your application is straight forward you can go for PEO. However, if your application is not straight forward, then consider sending it through post. The other factor to consider is the urgency of visa. If you have no immediate plans to travel out of country than apply for postal application.

[/url]
The question is... to be or not to be....

kasturi75

Post by kasturi75 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:13 pm

Thanks zahid.ali.anwar, highy appriciated.
One last question, which tick box has to be ticked in section 3 of SET(O) application form? (I have been granted HSMP before Nov 2006)
- Section B, first tick box (Tier 1 (General) under HSMP JR policy)?
OR
- Section B, eighth tick box (HSMP under JR policy)?

Many thanks.

Chakrapani

Hii

Post by Chakrapani » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:06 am

Hi Kasturi,

You should select the following option:

Highly skilled migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review policy document

Gud Luck

kasturi75

Post by kasturi75 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:35 pm

Many thanks Chakrapani

kasturi75

Post by kasturi75 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:05 pm

Wish u all a Happy new year.

We have been granted ILR on 23rd Dec at Croyden UKBA.
It was quick and straight forward as they have checked very few docs though we have armed with a big file full of documents for last two years.

After security checking, we have been directed to a counter at ground floor and he cheked the application form, passport and issued a paper with a calling number.

Then asked us to pay the fee and then took a seat waiting for our given number.

Fisrt counter man checked the application form and passports and he entered data into the system and asked us to wait till call our number again.

Then we have been called by another counter and asked following docs.
- Passports and copies
-3 months bank statments and copies
-3 months Payslips and copies
-Application form

Asked us to wait till he call us again. Around 20 mins later he called us and said we have been granted ILR and collect passports from another counter when they call our number again.

Around 15 min later they called us and handed over our passports.

It took around one and half hours to go through all that process.

Thaks for all your support and guidance given for my ILR preparation last coupple of weeks.