ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK couple moving to Oz

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nickstofberg
Newly Registered

UK couple moving to Oz

Post by nickstofberg » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Hi everyone,

My partner and I had our Civil Partnership here in the UK in June 2011.
We both hold UK passports as well as South African passports.

My partner is a Chartered Accountant (Senior Manager), 32 years old and works for Morgan Stanley with 7 years experience since fully qualifying.

I am the Senior Manager of the Training Department for a online marketing and restaurant reservations system company. I am 27 years old and have 7 years experience in this field, but don't hold any formal qualifications.

We are looking to move to the US, Cayman Islands or Australia - it all depends on visas.

I think my partner should be able to get a job and visa with less issues, especially if he does a company transfer, but I'm concerned where that leaves me. Doubt I would qualify myself and not sure how they view Civil Partnerships when it comes to immigration.

My second cousins and my partner's parents and brother live in Oz, not that will help necessarily.

Any advice, that would be great...