ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother's name Spelling Error on Birth Certificate

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

prathibhaevelyn
Newly Registered

Mother's name Spelling Error on Birth Certificate

Post by prathibhaevelyn » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:38 am

I have to apply for an extension of Tier 4 student visa in the month of march. I have maintained the funds for the visa extension in my mother's account in India.
To prove the parental relationship, we need to provide the Birth certificate but I just found that there is a minor spelling error of my mother's name in the birth certificate. Will there be a problem with this? What is the alternate document needs to be provided? or for spelling error on the name, will HO accepts if we provide notary public certificate to prove parental relationship.
Please advice us. Thanks in Advance

prathibhaevelyn
Newly Registered

Post by prathibhaevelyn » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:51 am

I have just got notary public letter which states, that my mother's name has been misspelled in my birth certificate. Along with the Birth certifcate and Notary public document, will this be sufficient for the home office to prove mother-daughter relationship?
Please someone advice on this.

prathibhaevelyn
Newly Registered

Post by prathibhaevelyn » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:45 pm

Can any senior members shed a light???

Chakrapani

Re: Mother's name Spelling Error on Birth Certificate

Post by Chakrapani » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:46 pm

Hai prathibha,

This is not at all a problem as everyone knows that there could be always misspelled in some of the documents.

Glad to know that you have a notary letter which shows the real name which is exactly the same as the mother's name in your passport.

You can ignore this and start applying for extension when you are ready.

Good Luck