ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on Monday - Bank Statement - Please help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

minsurfnet

ILR on Monday - Bank Statement - Please help

Post by minsurfnet » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:34 pm

Hi All,

Please help me, I've an appointment on Monday at Croydon PEO. my questions is ;

I do online banking and every month barclays upload monthly statement as pdf to my banking. I've those bank statement printed via online banking.
Do I still need to certify those statement?

This looks exactly as the original send each month to customers.

Can anyone has used those statement for ILR?

Please reply as soon as possiable.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Syed.

Chikky

Re: ILR on Monday - Bank Statement - Please help

Post by Chikky » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:56 pm

minsurfnet wrote:Hi All,

Please help me, I've an appointment on Monday at Croydon PEO. my questions is ;

I do online banking and every month barclays upload monthly statement as pdf to my banking. I've those bank statement printed via online banking.
Do I still need to certify those statement?

This looks exactly as the original send each month to customers.

Can anyone has used those statement for ILR?

Please reply as soon as possiable.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Syed.
Ideally you should have asked barclays to send you a copy. They take about 5 working days to send the statements by post. What you can do is go to the nearest barclays bank and ask them to give you last 3 months statement and ask them to stamp and sign it.

Online printouts generally should be signed or stamped otherwise some case workers may reject it simply because anyone can print it online and make it look similar to the actual statement.

minsurfnet

Post by minsurfnet » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:06 pm

Many thanks,

I've requested barclays to send me statement for last whole year, the sent me. I've those now, however the new printouts are printed diffrently than the standard monthly statement they on official paper from barclays.

does that still needs to be certified?
have anyone else used statements like barclays offer now? (Ecostart statements)

Regards,
Syed.

totallylegit

Post by totallylegit » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:23 pm

minsurfnet wrote:Many thanks,

I've requested barclays to send me statement for last whole year, the sent me. I've those now, however the new printouts are printed diffrently than the standard monthly statement they on official paper from barclays.

Regards,
Syed.
I am not too sure what they require- but I went to my bank and they were able to print them out there and sign and stamp them so they were legit. Of course, I am still waiting for my passport to be sent back, so I cannot say if that is sufficient.

Yameen
Newly Registered

Post by Yameen » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:31 pm

Regards,
Syed.
If they are originals issued by the Bank they should be fine regardless of how they look now to previous. You will need all online statements to be certified by the bank for your application.

To cover all corners, ask a bank branch to print and certify and take them as plan B in case the originals doesn't get accepted. 99.9% originals no matter how odd they look should be accepted.

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Yameen wrote:

Regards,
Syed.
I had similar problem. I did not receive the recent bank statement till the day of PEO apppointment due to new year and christmas holidays and I had to request the bank to give me a signed and stamped printout of one month statement. The Manager was very reluctant and said its not their policy to sign or stamp a bank statement but when I explained my sitaution he agree but said that it would be a one off request and he wouldn't do it in future.

If they are originals issued by the Bank they should be fine regardless of how they look now to previous. You will need all online statements to be certified by the bank for your application.

To cover all corners, ask a bank branch to print and certify and take them as plan B in case the originals doesn't get accepted. 99.9% originals no matter how odd they look should be accepted.

Chikky

Post by Chikky » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:53 pm

Regards,
Syed.
when you got your 1 year statement Barclays must have sent a covering letter stating that based on your request they have send the copy of bank statement. Take this covering letter along with your application that should be fine.

minsurfnet

Post by minsurfnet » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Many thank to all,

All get this printed and certified from branch.

regards,

minsurfnet

Post by minsurfnet » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:05 pm

Yes, i did receive the covering letter stating that this new way of provding statement to customer. I think that's a good idea to take it with me.