ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pg-diploma to masters

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

coolether
Newly Registered

Pg-diploma to masters

Post by coolether » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:16 pm

Hi,I've i've enrolled for a master's degree in u.k but i've failed and got an pgdiploma instead on sept 2011.I'm presently out of u.k since my visa expired.My question is that is there any possibility to complete the thesis in other university to get my masters degree?If it is possible, i would be extremely grateful if you could let me know about the universities which offer thesis work for completion of P.G. And can i apply for a student visa for such courses ?
If anybody can answer please do so, i'm really desperate for my masters degree.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:11 pm

It depends upon quality of education and from which university you done your PG Diploma. If you have a UK legitimate PG Diploma, almost every UK University will recognize your PG diploma for master by thesis work. You should contact your desired one through email and admission staff will help you regarding this.

I know some same cases of 2-3 students who got admission in 3/6 months master by thesis work after PG Diploma and universities was Birmingham City University and Coventry University. There was third one as well I think Leicester or Lancashire I don’t remember exactly.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:27 pm

If you have been awarded a qualification already such as a PGD it is not always possible to use the credits for a second qualificaiton - this is an academic issue and not an immigration one - you would need to discuss this with relevent prospective universities.

In addition, in order for a new university to sponsor you, you need enrolled on a full time course on a full time basis - not sure how this would be possible if you were only taking a dissertation - they would have to issue you a very short CAS or you would need to come as a student visitor.