ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistani passport renewal while on appeal in uk

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rajamahmood85

Pakistani passport renewal while on appeal in uk

Post by rajamahmood85 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi

Plz tell me if someone is on appeal in uk and his passport is expired while waiting for appeal decision,how can he renew it?
Pakistani embassy refused to renew on appeal documents.

Any idea?

Thanks for your time.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:57 pm

this is not a question about UK immigration law. your post would be better off in the other countries section of the forum. Some embassies have a policy of not issuing a passport if you don't have leave to remain in the UK when you apply instead they may only issue you an emergency or one way travel documents.

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:14 pm

Greenie wrote:this is not a question about UK immigration law. your post would be better off in the other countries section of the forum. Some embassies have a policy of not issuing a passport if you don't have leave to remain in the UK when you apply instead they may only issue you an emergency or one way travel documents.

Thanks Greenie.

Is there anyway i can renew passport? like if i want to apply to another country from uk while waiting for apeal in uk or applying in uk for another category while on appeal?

can i renew my passport in any situation while on appeal?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:16 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:
Greenie wrote:this is not a question about UK immigration law. your post would be better off in the other countries section of the forum. Some embassies have a policy of not issuing a passport if you don't have leave to remain in the UK when you apply instead they may only issue you an emergency or one way travel documents.

Thanks Greenie.

Is there anyway i can renew passport? like if i want to apply to another country from uk while waiting for apeal in uk or applying in uk for another category while on appeal?

can i renew my passport in any situation while on appeal?
as i have already said, this is not a UK immigration matter.

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:12 pm

yes, you can renew your Passport. you need to take your appeal acknowledment letter or any home office letter which shows that you are waiting for an appeal decision to Pakistan High commission. take your old passport and your CNIC with you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:30 pm

Topic moved.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:07 pm

vinny wrote:Topic moved.
I went there to renew passport with my Pakistani id cards and appeal letters but they refused to renew it.
They said they will not renew without a visa.
They will not consider appeal status to renew to passport.

Mogli123
Newly Registered

Re: Pakistani passport renewal while on appeal in uk

Post by Mogli123 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:23 pm

Hi rajamahmood,

Did you find out any way as I'm in the same situation ?????

Regards