ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

proving sole responsibility for child's upbringing - VAF4A

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

1nap1ckle
Newly Registered

proving sole responsibility for child's upbringing - VAF4A

Post by 1nap1ckle » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:00 am

Hi there,

my husband has finally received his British citizenship (woohoo) . we now would like to bring over his daughter from a previous marriage who is 15 this year. she has been living with her mum who is still alive.
i understand we would have to complete set VAF4A as it would be with a view to settle in the uk.

i am concerned about the requirements to prove 'sole responsability' as his daughter has been living with her mum whilst my husband was in the uk; although my husband's sister and other family members have been around a lot. Would a letter from a lawyer saying that my husband now has sole responsibility for his daughter be sufficient?

secondly, assuming we get through this hurdle, what would be the process for nationality (as she will be going to school and university where she wants to study medicine - and obviously uni fees need to be taken into consideration)? how long would she have to wait to get british nationality etc? - what forms/processes would be required considering she is a minor?

any help would be great...

thanks in advance! :D

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:09 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:54 am

do read the link Vinny has provided. No, a letter from a lawyer saying the father now has sole responsibilty would not be sufficient.