ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Passport application for Daughter

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ksjagan
Newly Registered

New Passport application for Daughter

Post by ksjagan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:47 pm

Dear all,

Me & My Wife have indian passports and live in Bangalore & we don't have an official address proofs.. We took our passports from our native towns(two different towns in Tamil Nadu) and the passport addresses show the native home addresses respectively. We have official address documents(Ration cards, Voting cards for our native addresses)

I am planning to apply for a passport for my daughter, My agent is saying that both the parents passport should show the same address and then only passport can be applied.

I feel the above is wrong and Can You please let me know the correct proofs required for applying for passport?

Thanks,
Jagan
P.S. I will be travelling onsite in another 1 ~ 2 months, so i would like to apply early and i want to take them with me during the india summer holidays

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

I do not agree with the advice the passport agent has given you.

I say this because one of my relatives applied for an Indian Passport in Mumbai for their son (a minor). Both parents had passports issued from different states in India, however they have now been living in Mumbai for the last 5 years. They provided ration card, voter ID card, PAN Card, bank statements, letter from their son's school to prove the residential requirements and the son was isssued a passport on his Mumbai address.

Rather than going with agents, visit the passport office and check requirements. Yes there are queues and you might have to make a few trips. If you find this is not feasible, then ask a few more agents.

Checklist for Indian Passport can be found on passport.gov.in