ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for british passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

coolrock

applying for british passport

Post by coolrock » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:46 pm

Hello,

My daughter is registered as a British Citizen via Section 1 (3) British Citizenship Act.

Now I am in the process of applying for her passport via Fast Track Service.

Can you please confirm the following regarding the passport appl?

- Number of photos required = 2?
- How many reference required, just 1 ?
- Should the refree also write that, they know the parent for 2 years behind one of my daughter's photo?

Thanks,

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:24 pm

From the passport guide.

- 2 photos
- 1 countersignatory
- The countersignatory should ‘certify’ one (not both) of your photographs by writing ‘I certify that this is a true likeness of (the full name including title)’ on it and also signing and dating it.

coolrock

Post by coolrock » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:34 pm

Thanks Jambo.

Section 8 of the form requires maternal and paternal grandparents details to be filled, if the parents are born outside UK.

But the form has just 3 lines to fill.

How to fill in all the details there, has anyone faced this issue and how did they furnish these details?

regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:17 pm

Grandparents details are not really required if applying using a Registration Certificate. It is more for people claiming BC through their parents/grandparents.

If you wish, you can just attach a piece of paper to the form with the details.