ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for british passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

syed ali

applying for british passport

Post by syed ali » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:26 pm

hello members,

i have bc ceremony on 29th of february, 2012,
and due to some domestic reasons i have to fly back home on 22nd of march 2012.
now if I apply for the passport on the same day(29 february) i have to send my current and previous passports along, though they send the documents back before issuing letter for an interview, but is there any thing we can do to speed up the process of having passport early

any suggestion is welcome
thanks
regards
ali

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:40 pm

Not really. The documents are normally returned after 10-14 days so you should be fine but why don't you apply for a passport when you are back?

syed ali

Post by syed ali » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:44 pm

Jambo wrote:Not really. The documents are normally returned after 10-14 days so you should be fine but why don't you apply for a passport when you are back?
thanks juambo for quick reply
actually going to my country via dubai thats y thought to hv british pp so that exit from airport would be easy, because the stay over there is quite long...

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:45 am

OK. I thought that by saying "getting passport early" you meant the current one, not the British.

Getting the British passport in 3 weeks is tricky. See my post here for some tips.

syed ali

Post by syed ali » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:27 am

Jambo wrote:OK. I thought that by saying "getting passport early" you meant the current one, not the British.

Getting the British passport in 3 weeks is tricky. See my post here for some tips.
thanks jambo
i think i should try my luck the information you gave was quite helpful....i get 21 days to leave uk that means 3 weeks so i think i should try and follow the patern you told in the other thread
thanks again