ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Licence for medicinal drugs

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PinkFloyd

Licence for medicinal drugs

Post by PinkFloyd » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:47 pm

Hello Kindred Souls,

I have got my parents visiting me soon on family visitor visa from outside EU. They are dependent on medicines and some of them are anti-depressents. I came across http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary which states a need for license if carrying more than 3 months supply of medicines which falls under the list in Annex A.
But I couldn't find the process or the procedure in obtaining one. I am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.
I am assuming since this is a guidance note to people on the floor, it will apply to each and any visa category.

Thanks !
PS: mildly connected, if someone from their experience, can point me to a health insurer in India or UK who covers pre-existing medical conditions, that will be great. Google has been poor on this one.