ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minor naturalisation application Thread

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dublintogalway

Post by dublintogalway » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:27 pm

IQU wrote:when did you got your kid approval ?did you already send them 950 cheque ?did you recieve the ceromany date ?
Hi IQU

I got approval today. The fee for child is 200 euro. There is no ceremony for child as he does need to take any oath as being minor. They have only asked for 200 euro draft and 2 photographs and once it is received then they would post naturalization certificate..

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:14 pm

woh that great news.i hope alot of people going to get theirs approvals recently.

dhang

Post by dhang » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:16 pm

dublintogalway, congratz! are u from galway?

Eastend

Re: got approval today

Post by Eastend » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:19 pm

Yesterday i got approval for my child.

Applied end of August
Approval letter date 12 Jan

asking for

draft for 200 euros
2 photograph
original Garda card

total time since reference number 4 months and 3 weeks

dublintogalway

Post by dublintogalway » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:16 pm

dhang wrote:dublintogalway, congratz! are u from galway?
thanks dhang..near to galway:)

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:19 pm

Eastend wrote:Yesterday i got approval for my child.

Applied end of August
Approval letter date 12 Jan

asking for

draft for 200 euros
2 photograph
original Garda card

total time since reference number 4 months and 3 weeks
congratulations Eastend,
keep us updaed when will you receive the CON and poresedure fr your son's passport
peace on you

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:20 pm

dublintogalway wrote:
IRISH PHAROE wrote:
dublintogalway wrote:hi guys,

i got approval today for my minor children.Now waiting for naturalization certificate. Can you tell me what documents are required for irish passport?

regards
Hi Dublintogalway, congratulations for your minor approval.
as I remember you applied for him/her on September-2011, Am I right?
as I applied for my son on mid of September -2011n and they told me it will take something in between 6 to 12 months.

congratulations again.

thanks dublintogalway, just keep us updated when will you receive the CON and the presedure for the passport
peace on you

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:06 pm

congrats eastend and dublintogalway .is your any friend also recieve any approvals ?

tj_Dublin
Newly Registered

Post by tj_Dublin » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:22 pm

IQU wrote:congrats eastend and dublintogalway .is your any friend also recieve any approvals ?
Hi IQU, is Eastend and dublintogalway Kids irish born? if they are did they apply on the new form 11? thanks.

tj_Dublin
Newly Registered

Post by tj_Dublin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Just an update, i apply for citizenship for my son on the 27th and INIS have acknowledge it today with the ref. number and so on. thats very quick. i think they are doing a great job there now.

thanks.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:10 pm

tj_Dublin wrote:Just an update, i apply for citizenship for my son on the 27th and INIS have acknowledge it today with the ref. number and so on. thats very quick. i think they are doing a great job there now.

thanks.
Wow that's too fast, I remember my son's application aknowledgment took 4 weeks back on september
peace on you

tj_Dublin
Newly Registered

Post by tj_Dublin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:08 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
tj_Dublin wrote:Just an update, i apply for citizenship for my son on the 27th and INIS have acknowledge it today with the ref. number and so on. thats very quick. i think they are doing a great job there now.

thanks.
Wow that's too fast, I remember my son's application aknowledgment took 4 weeks back on september
I was so surprise as well this morning when i saw the letter, hopefully it will be very fast to decision as well.

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:57 am

IRISH PHAROE wrote:

thanks.
I got my CoN back in July and applied for my son in August last year. Received reference number within a week and received approval letter with request of 2 photos, draft for 200 and garda card. I send all these things and there is no response since than (about 2 and half weeks now). Yes this is true INIS services are way too better as compare to Fina Fail govt. All credit goes to Minister Alan.

I guess they were busy for Dublin cermoney and we will have possitive response soon. Will inform you when i receive the CoN for my son. Best of luck to everyone.

Shadowkisses
Newly Registered

Post by Shadowkisses » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi,

I hope somebody can answer me (anybody who have submitted or filled up the application form or anybody who knows the answer). I am filling up the form for my minor child and I don't know what PERSON IDENTITY NUMBER is. What is this? I friend of mine who have submitted his application for his kids told me that he just left it blank.

Anyone?

Thanks.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:55 pm

personal identity number is 69/xxxxxx/02 etc etc .but kids normally dont have gnib cards so you can leave it blank.

Shadowkisses
Newly Registered

Post by Shadowkisses » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:15 pm

IQU wrote:personal identity number is 69/xxxxxx/02 etc etc .but kids normally dont have gnib cards so you can leave it blank.
Thank you so much for your reply. In the first part of the form, it also ask my Person Identity Number. I have already submitted/surrendered my gnib card after I got approved (citizenship). I guess, I'll just go down the Garda office tomorrow so I can ask for my PIN.

Actually, I rang our local garda/immigration office this morning to ask re PIN and spoke to the immigration officer. She only gave me INIS number as she doesn't have an idea what PIN is. :-(

Thanks again for the reply.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:32 pm

yes she is right if you going to ask some body about pin no body going to understand basically what are you looking for.do you have any gnib card copies or your country national passport its normally written with handwritting in back of with passport normally immigration officer wrote in back of passport.good luck

Shadowkisses
Newly Registered

Post by Shadowkisses » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:26 pm

IQU wrote:yes she is right if you going to ask some body about pin no body going to understand basically what are you looking for.do you have any gnib card copies or your country national passport its normally written with handwritting in back of with passport normally immigration officer wrote in back of passport.good luck
Thanks a lot! Got it!

dublintogalway

still waiting for naturalisation certificate

Post by dublintogalway » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:26 am

Hi guys,

I received approval for my kids naturalisation application in middle of january, but still no word for naturalisation certificate. Do u know how much time it takes to get the naturalisation certificate?

Eastend

Re: still waiting for naturalisation certificate

Post by Eastend » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:34 am

dublintogalway wrote:Hi guys,

I received approval for my kids naturalisation application in middle of january, but still no word for naturalisation certificate. Do u know how much time it takes to get the naturalisation certificate?
I have the same satuation. send them gnib card, photos and fee 200.00 in Jan and still have nothing even not confirmation of receipt of documents. I guess it will take about 6 weeks before we have some news.

dublintogalway

Re: still waiting for naturalisation certificate

Post by dublintogalway » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:41 pm

Eastend wrote:
dublintogalway wrote:Hi guys,

I have the same satuation. send them gnib card, photos and fee 200.00 in Jan and still have nothing even not confirmation of receipt of documents. I guess it will take about 6 weeks before we have some news.
Thanks Eastend. I also think it's gonna take minimum 6 weeks. I have received the acknoledgement 2 weeks back after sending postal order.
cheers

blue bird
Newly Registered

Post by blue bird » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:08 am

I applied for my kid last year (July 11), and have not received anything from them!! eventhough, they did not mention of the time taken for his case!!! should i contact them or i have to wait! Thanks indeed for everybody for any help.

dublintogalway

Post by dublintogalway » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:49 am

blue bird wrote:I applied for my kid last year (July 11), and have not received anything from them!! eventhough, they did not mention of the time taken for his case!!! should i contact them or i have to wait! Thanks indeed for everybody for any help.
I think, you should ring them to enquire because I had applied after july in 2011 and got the approval. To be honest, there does not seem any ordering in processing the applications and it seems random.
cheers

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:51 am

blue bird wrote:I applied for my kid last year (July 11), and have not received anything from them!! eventhough, they did not mention of the time taken for his case!!! should i contact them or i have to wait! Thanks indeed for everybody for any help.
if your kid was under 18 at the time of application, you must contact them. I applied in end of Aug and got approval in Jan 2012.

blue bird
Newly Registered

Post by blue bird » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:50 pm

Eastend wrote:
if your kid was under 18 at the time of application, you must contact them. I applied in end of Aug and got approval in Jan 2012.

Thanks indeed for the advise, yes he is only 5 years!! would you mind if you inform me of their contact number. Thanks again!