ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minor naturalisation application Thread

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dhang

Post by dhang » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:57 am

blue bird wrote:
Eastend wrote:
blue bird wrote:I applied for my kid last year (July 11), and have not received anything from them!! eventhough, they did not mention of the time taken for his case!!! should i contact them or i have to wait! Thanks indeed for everybody for any help.
if your kid was under 18 at the time of application, you must contact them. I applied in end of Aug and got approval in Jan 2012.

Thanks indeed for the advise, yes he is only 5 years!! would you mind if you inform me of their contact number. Thanks again!
to dublintogalway and eastend, how young are your children?

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:44 am

dhang wrote:
blue bird wrote:
Eastend wrote:
blue bird wrote:I applied for my kid last year (July 11), and have not received anything from them!! eventhough, they did not mention of the time taken for his case!!! should i contact them or i have to wait! Thanks indeed for everybody for any help.
if your kid was under 18 at the time of application, you must contact them. I applied in end of Aug and got approval in Jan 2012.

Thanks indeed for the advise, yes he is only 5 years!! would you mind if you inform me of their contact number. Thanks again!
my son was under 18 when i applied and was over 18 when i got his approval.

dublintogalway

Post by dublintogalway » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:03 pm

Eastend wrote:
dhang wrote:
blue bird wrote:
Eastend wrote:

my son was under 18 when i applied and was over 18 when i got his approval.
my kids are under 18. today, i received CON for children after 2 months.
I am gonna apply for passport soon. Can you please confirm that the following list of documents are ok for minor naturalised applicant.
a) Passport form signed and witnessed by Garda
b) 4 photos( 2 photos are singed by Garda)
c) My original irish passport
d) Original Birth certificate and original certified translation for minor
e) Original Naturalisation certificate for minor
f) Fee payable to passport express
according to dfa.ie website, I need to submit long form birth certificate, but I don't have long form BC for children. Do I need to submit affidavit along with original BC as it is not in the long form?
cheers

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:19 am

congrats Dublintogalway, still waiting for my son's approval still at the minister office since 4 weeks ago as informed by INIS through the phone
peace on you

dublintogalway

Post by dublintogalway » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:24 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:congrats Dublintogalway, still waiting for my son's approval still at the minister office since 4 weeks ago as informed by INIS through the phone
Thanks IRUSH PHAROE. It will come soon.best wishes to u

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:53 am

dublintogalway wrote:
IRISH PHAROE wrote:congrats Dublintogalway, still waiting for my son's approval still at the minister office since 4 weeks ago as informed by INIS through the phone
Thanks Dublintogalway,
just yesterday I got my son's approval
applied for him on Mid of Septemeber 2011 got the approval mid of March 6 months from application to approval.
good luck to all
Last edited by IRISH PHAROE on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peace on you

stevenmaico
Newly Registered

Post by stevenmaico » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:48 am

I have never applied for anywhere but my one friend applied for his sun before six month ago. He told me about the reply because he has not received anything from them. I have no knowledge about it. So what should he do for this problem?

rlow68

Post by rlow68 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:00 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
dublintogalway wrote:
Thanks Dublintogalway,
just yesterday I got my son's approval
applied for him on Mid of Septemeber 2011 got the approval mid of March 6 months from application to approval.
good luck to all
Do children also go for swearing after getting the approval? can somebody confirm please?

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:57 pm

minors dont have to take any oath they dont have to go to the ceremony.

dhang

Post by dhang » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:21 am

I received letter of approval for my 16 year old daughter just yesterday. I posted her apps in sept 2011.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:22 pm

[quote="dhang"]I received letter of approval for my 16 year old daughter just yesterday. I posted her apps in sept 2011.[/quote] congrats

blue bird
Newly Registered

Post by blue bird » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:51 am

Hi everybody, Actually i applied for my minor son 9 mounts ago and have not heard or received any thing from them!! At the same time i applied for naturalisation 21 months ago and as well have not heard or received any thing from them yet. My question: Is there any link between my application and my son's application? or they well review them separately!! Thanks indeed for any information!

dhang

Post by dhang » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:28 am

blue bird wrote:Hi everybody, Actually i applied for my minor son 9 mounts ago and have not heard or received any thing from them!! At the same time i applied for naturalisation 21 months ago and as well have not heard or received any thing from them yet. My question: Is there any link between my application and my son's application? or they well review them separately!! Thanks indeed for any information!
Is your wife/husband naturalised irish, that made you decide to apply for your minor son? There is no link between you and your sons's application but there is, between your wife/husband being a naturalised irish.

dhang

Post by dhang » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:31 am

blue bird wrote:Hi everybody, Actually i applied for my minor son 9 mounts ago and have not heard or received any thing from them!! At the same time i applied for naturalisation 21 months ago and as well have not heard or received any thing from them yet. My question: Is there any link between my application and my son's application? or they well review them separately!! Thanks indeed for any information!
oohhh.... btw, did u not get reference numbers even?

blue bird
Newly Registered

Post by blue bird » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:39 pm

dhang wrote:
Indeed i have received the Ref No. My self and my wife both applied for naturalisation based on 5 years residency!

dhang

Post by dhang » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:32 am

blue bird wrote:
dhang wrote:
Indeed i have received the Ref No. My self and my wife both applied for naturalisation based on 5 years residency!
my point is, do not expect approval for your minor son yet if neither you nor wife is not naturalised yet.

blue bird
Newly Registered

Post by blue bird » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:02 am

dhang wrote:
blue bird wrote:
dhang wrote:
my point is, do not expect approval for your minor son yet if neither you nor wife is not naturalised yet.
But he born in Ireland and he has been her for more than 5 years!!

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sat May 05, 2012 5:05 am

Hi All,
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the CON for minors nowadays?, as I sent the fees and pictures of my son 8 weeks ago and so far I did not receive anything.
peace on you

dhang

Post by dhang » Sat May 05, 2012 8:50 am

IRISH PHAROE wrote:Hi All,
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the CON for minors nowadays?, as I sent the fees and pictures of my son 8 weeks ago and so far I did not receive anything.
same here, still no update......

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sat May 05, 2012 2:50 pm

dhang wrote:
Thanks dhang, please let us update each other if will have somethning new.
peace on you

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Wed May 16, 2012 8:58 am

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
dhang wrote:
Thanks dhang, please let us update each other if will have somethning new.
I applied for my other kid for CoN in Nov 2011. 7 months are gone and still waiting for approval. seems INIS is now back on old track when everything was taking extra longer time.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu May 17, 2012 12:04 pm

It is 10 weeks so far and I'm still waitting for my son's CON, I rang them today and they said they have a huge backlog and they can't expect when they can send me the CON
peace on you

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Fri May 18, 2012 9:05 am

IRISH PHAROE wrote:It is 10 weeks so far and I'm still waitting for my son's CON, I rang them today and they said they have a huge backlog and they can't expect when they can send me the CON
That mean delay is not only with processing of application but also with CoN as well.

I am wondering how they are going to achive the target of 6 month processing time in summer. All they say is lie.

adlexy

Post by adlexy » Fri May 18, 2012 10:30 am

blue bird wrote:
dhang wrote:
blue bird wrote:
dhang wrote:
Blue bird,

You are very unlikely to get approval for your son.

The conditions for a CoN for a minor are clear - at least one of the parent must be entitled to Irish citizenship.

Except, either one of you have been in Ireland at least 3yrs at the time of his birth. In which case, you apply for his Irish passport and not a CoN because he is automatically an Irish citizen.

Please note that the number of years a minor has been in Ireland is not relevant if any of the parent are not Irish or have stayed on the Island of Ireland at least 3years at the time of his/ her birth.

The following may be of interest to you:

A person born in the island of Ireland after 1 January 2005 to parents, at least one of whom was an Irish or British citizen or entitled to reside in the State or Northern Ireland without any restrictions on his or her residence, has an entitlement of Irish citizenship. Otherwise, a person born in the island of Ireland after 1 January 2005 is entitled to Irish citizenship only if, during the four year period immediately preceding the person’s birth, one of the parents has been resident* in the island of Ireland for a period of not less than three years and neither parent was entitled to diplomatic immunity in the State.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP11000023

All the very best :)

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Sun May 20, 2012 8:05 pm

adlexy wrote:
blue bird wrote:
dhang wrote:
blue bird wrote:
Blue bird,

You are very unlikely to get approval for your son.

The conditions for a CoN for a minor are clear - at least one of the parent must be entitled to Irish citizenship.

Except, either one of you have been in Ireland at least 3yrs at the time of his birth. In which case, you apply for his Irish passport and not a CoN because he is automatically an Irish citizen.

Please note that the number of years a minor has been in Ireland is not relevant if any of the parent are not Irish or have stayed on the Island of Ireland at least 3years at the time of his/ her birth.

The following may be of interest to you:

A person born in the island of Ireland after 1 January 2005 to parents, at least one of whom was an Irish or British citizen or entitled to reside in the State or Northern Ireland without any restrictions on his or her residence, has an entitlement of Irish citizenship. Otherwise, a person born in the island of Ireland after 1 January 2005 is entitled to Irish citizenship only if, during the four year period immediately preceding the person’s birth, one of the parents has been resident* in the island of Ireland for a period of not less than three years and neither parent was entitled to diplomatic immunity in the State.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP11000023

All the very best :)
adlexy
I am not agree with you one can apply his/her minor's citizenship after 5 years if the minor was born in Ireland
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Ci ... on%20Forms

Form 11 is for this purpose
PIKKA