ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sponsorship letter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mr khan

sponsorship letter

Post by mr khan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:21 pm

how long does a sponsorship letter last for is upto 3 months

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:11 am

Not sure a letter has an expiry date .
You may need to be clearer about what you mean.
Do you mean should the date on the letter be close to the application date or do you mean something else ?
pennyless

kalvian

Post by kalvian » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:58 pm

My Wife applied at VFS Hyd, India on Thursday and they declined to accept application without Supporting Letter template issued by Home Office in 2007.

Its called SU07 something and its on UKBA website.

Luckily VFS accepted scanned copy of the supporting letter and they accepted the application next day

I would recommend people using the form, even though its not mentioned as mandatory on guidance given by H.O.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:33 pm

kalvian wrote:My Wife applied at VFS Hyd, India on Thursday and they declined to accept application without Supporting Letter template issued by Home Office in 2007.

Its called SU07 something and its on UKBA website.

Luckily VFS accepted scanned copy of the supporting letter and they accepted the application next day

I would recommend people using the form, even though its not mentioned as mandatory on guidance given by H.O.
This is incorrect. The SU07 form which you are talking about is to be used for dependent relatives only not for SPOUSES/FIANCEE ETC applications.

Spouse/fiance applications must have a basic letter of support/sponsorship declaration from the sponsor in UK to accompany the application

kalvian

Post by kalvian » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:45 pm

Hello BatleyKhan

Thats what i thought but VFS Hyd was insistent and hence i had to download the document scan and email to my wife and she was able to submit it next day on friday.

I think it just depends on staff who are in the counter at VFS.

Just for info: The application was for settlement visa for my wife

Now the wait has started for BHC to decide about the visa so that my wife can join me here.......

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:46 pm

kalvian wrote:Hello BatleyKhan

Thats what i thought but VFS Hyd was insistent and hence i had to download the document scan and email to my wife and she was able to submit it next day on friday.

I think it just depends on staff who are in the counter at VFS.

Just for info: The application was for settlement visa for my wife

Now the wait has started for BHC to decide about the visa so that my wife can join me here.......
Your wife application was it for spouse\wife or was it dependent\wife?

kalvian

Post by kalvian » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:54 pm

application was for my wife settlement visa, sorry for my ignorance if i am mistaken........

got married 32 days ago in India and then applied after getting IELTS result even though she has masters in English (just for safety completed ielts)

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:13 am

kalvian wrote:application was for my wife settlement visa, sorry for my ignorance if i am mistaken........

got married 32 days ago in India and then applied after getting IELTS result even though she has masters in English (just for safety completed ielts)
Good luck with VISA application, are you a UK Passport holder?

My wife is going to the VFS office tomorrow to submit her documents. Fingers crossed all is okay and accepted.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:22 pm

kalvian wrote:application was for my wife settlement visa, sorry for my ignorance if i am mistaken........

Pm me your email address and I will send you a sample letter and sponsorship declaration.

are you a british citizen that has just got married to an Indian?

kalvian

Post by kalvian » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:12 pm

Dear Batleykhan

Thanks for the offer.

yes i am UK passport holder, finally submitted application in India last friday along with SU07 form. I did sent another supporting letter along with other documents through courier.

But as VFS was insistent for SU07 i scanned and sent them through email and they accepted that

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:17 pm

No problem if you have sent it,however I still feel that VFS are wrong to insist on the SU07 for spouse visa such as yours.

ricardinho09
Newly Registered

Post by ricardinho09 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:58 pm

Hi Batleykhan

Just a quick question....my wife and I are in the process of submitting a spouse visa application and all documents seem in check....however, after roaming around the various posts on this site, I have some confusion in regards to the english requirements.

The UKBA site and section 8.1.4 in the VAF4A application form notes, clearly state that speaking and listening at A1 CEFR is sufficient. My wife meets these requirements through her passed ielts exam, however many posts on this site suggest that a 4.0 pass is also required in reading and writing.

Would you have any advice on this matter as i have my application on hold, my wife says she'd rather complete the simpler esol test rather than risk a application that does not meet the language requirements.

thank you in advance