ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizen wanting to bring sister to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

piusmasc
Newly Registered

British citizen wanting to bring sister to UK

Post by piusmasc » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi

could someone assist me with some information please?

I'm now a British citizen with a wife and child both living with me here in the UK.

I want to know if there is a way to bring my only sister, unmarried , 33 years old to come and settle with us here in the UK. Is there a way to do this, i would be willing to apply for the relevant permit of course

Thanks in advance

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:04 pm

Settlement is not possible unless she is living in extreme compassionate circumstances (chronic illness or incapacity, indigent etc). Therefore you will have to look at the points-based system or ancestry categories to see if she qualifies for any of the categories. Does she have (or had) a British grandparent?

piusmasc
Newly Registered

Post by piusmasc » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:13 pm

Thanks for the response Luca.
Unfortunately our grandparents arnt British.

Does the points system give you additional points if a family member is a citizen of the country? How do I find out more about the points system?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:20 pm

piusmasc wrote:Thanks for the response Luca.
Unfortunately our grandparents arnt British.

Does the points system give you additional points if a family member is a citizen of the country? How do I find out more about the points system?
having British citizens as family members has no relevance in the points based system. See here to look at the various categories.