ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship for my Filipina wife.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Michelangeli
Newly Registered

Sponsorship for my Filipina wife.

Post by Michelangeli » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:53 am

I am a British subject residing in in the UK with my son.

He and his wife are prepared to sponsor my Filipina wife for a resident visa. My wife and i have a biological daughter of 4 years who has a British passport. They are at present in the Philippines.

My son and his wife are earning in excess of 50,000 pounds p.a. which no doubt is sufficient to qualify in the eyes of the UKBA. In what way would this sponsorship help the visa process please?.

Naturally i shall make sure that i am earning enough to keep them when they come over, as well as providing suitable accomodation. My wife's English is quite good but i assume she will have to pass the language test before she arrives, yes?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can answer the above. It will be much appreciated!

Regards, John

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:01 pm

Can I ask why your son and daughter in law is sponsoring your wife and child?

Are you working, have savings and suitable long term accommodation if and when your spouse and child comes?.

Whilst it is acceptable to rely on support from 3rd party for a short period,the onus is on you to show how you intend to provide long term support and not be reliant on public funds.

Simply getting your son to sponsor,may not be enough for your wife to be granted visa.On the other hand if you are working with a regular income and have suitable accommodation,but feel you will not be able to support them on your finance, then getting your son to help you out is a different matter.