ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding new fees changes

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lovetier1

Regarding new fees changes

Post by lovetier1 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:44 am

Hi

I'm applying for naturalization tomorrow, so the last minute query:-

- I'm applying for 3 people (me, my wife and kid) tomorrow (2-Apr-2012) via NCS, and for some reason i have to pay by cheque, so the query is, do I have to pay the fees based on the new structure (which will be effective from 6-Apr-2012) or use the old structure. The reason for confusion is even though I'm applying before the changes however I assume the cheque will be remitted only after 6-Apr so is there any chances that the border may refer it back?

Thanks in Advance

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:12 pm

The date that counts is the day the HO receives the application, not the payment processing day (which normally is 10-15 days later even for card payments).

If the appointment is on the 2nd and assuming NCS will use a next day delivery service, you should be fine.