ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Appeal or Not Appeal ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

t-bag

ILR Appeal or Not Appeal ?

Post by t-bag » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:51 pm

Hello guys, i've been reading in and out through the forums and still can't get my head around something : When do someone have the right to appeal.
I'll try to make clear questions and make it very simple to answer. So here are the scenarios :

BTW, i'm planning to apply in person with same day service.

Scenario 1 : Visa still valid, applying with 28 days of expiry. Refused - Appeal or not appeal?

Scenario 2 : Application sent via post within 28 days, Refused while visa expired - Appeal or not appeal?

Scenario 3 : Applying same day - Visa still valid - Refused - No appeal : Can i reapply?? If yes, how many times?? I know, stupid scenario, but need to know my options

Thanks!!

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:35 pm

In the scenarios you mention you would only get a right of appeal in scenario 2. Assuming in option 1 you would still have leave when refused.

t-bag

Post by t-bag » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:43 am

Greenie wrote:In the scenarios you mention you would only get a right of appeal in scenario 2. Assuming in option 1 you would still have leave when refused.
Thanks for your reply, but

What does this mean : "assuming you would still have leave when refused"?? Can i appeal or not in scenario 1??

And what about scenario 3. Can you re-apply as many times as you want?

Thanks!!

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:27 am

t-bag wrote:
Greenie wrote:In the scenarios you mention you would only get a right of appeal in scenario 2. Assuming in option 1 you would still have leave when refused.
Thanks for your reply, but

What does this mean : "assuming you would still have leave when refused"?? Can i appeal or not in scenario 1??

And what about scenario 3. Can you re-apply as many times as you want?

Thanks!!

If you still have leave when you are refused you will not get a right of appeal.

You can apply as many times as you want.

ramay

Post by ramay » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:19 pm

If you still have leave when you are refused you will not get a right of appeal.

You can apply as many times as you want.
what about apply at PEO in 28 days before visa expire? If refused in the last day still no rights to appeal?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:33 am

I have already answered your question twice.

Carabian45
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Appeal or Not Appeal ?

Post by Carabian45 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:44 am

Thanks for important info about ILR Appeal. it is in our hands that how we make our tough working schedule even enjoyable for us. sometimes we see some funny office quotes which really interesting about dealing with office work. you can read some of them