ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Slight spelling mistake on Spouse name on Spouse Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gtx2010

Slight spelling mistake on Spouse name on Spouse Visa

Post by gtx2010 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:49 am

Hi Gents,

My friend's wife came in UK on Spouse visa and she has been living here for almost 2 years. Now she needs to apply for ILR. We have just noticed that there is a slight spelling mistake was done by UKBA who issued spouse visa 2 years ago in Bangladesh, they misspelled last name "Ahmed" instead of "Ahmad". Now is that going to cause any big issue when she applies for ILR?

Thanks very much in advance for your help and advice!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:17 pm

It won't matter. When you apply just ask them to correct this in their records.

ukbuddy

Post by ukbuddy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:00 pm

I suggest you to call UKBA office helpdesk and check with them. I had similar issue that surname for my wife was not correct on visa. But i noticed that as soon as I got visa, UKBA corrected that with pen on top of the visa page and stamped. never got any issue