ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child tax credit & working tax credit.

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ayesha11

child tax credit & working tax credit.

Post by ayesha11 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:21 pm

i applied for ctc & wtc in nov 2011 but so far no response,when i called in hmrc office they told me that they r checking my status.

plzzz can any one tell me how long they will take ?
thnx

faz28

Re: child tax credit & working tax credit.

Post by faz28 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:57 pm

ayesha11 wrote:i applied for ctc & wtc in nov 2011 but so far no response,when i called in hmrc office they told me that they r checking my status.

plzzz can any one tell me how long they will take ?
thnx
Same as you we applied for ctc & wtc on Nov 2011 but nothing yet, it's the 11th week going. We have been told by Hmrc that bcoz we were under immigration control for last 3 months (question was asked in form) they need to further check, this was said 6 weeks ago. We offered to send our passport for them to check but they said no need of it.

One of my friend who applied little bit earlier than us told he got them after 3 months. So I think it takes around 12 weeks not sure. Hopefully we get it soon.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:23 pm

It may take that length of time and you may possibly be asked to send your original passports to confirm your ILR status. You dont need to send any documents yourself unless they specifically ask you in writing

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:40 pm

thanx faz28 for the info.

faz28

Post by faz28 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:37 am

ayesha11 wrote:thanx faz28 for the info.
Hi ayesha11

Did u get your claim? We received a letter & a form asking for further documents on 22/03/12. Basically asking to provide passports regarding residency status because we are not uk nationals. We have sent back everything they have asked for, so hopefully receive any info soon

If u have not recieved anything I think u should write a complain letter to HMRC because we wrote to them & they are looking to it so hopefully it might speed up the things now.

sjimoh112

Post by sjimoh112 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:49 am

That too quite a long time for them to check your status, i think you should had keep calling after 2 weeks of them receiving your app. I believe it normal procedure to check status but definitely shouldn't take this long.

However you need not worry as your payments will be back dated to the day you app is received if seccessful, you may want to request this by calling or writing them. It makes even more sweeter, here's nothing to worry about just sit back & relax and wait to be a few hundreds perhaps thousands richer.
[Moderator Edit]

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:05 pm

faz28 am still waiting n waiting .every time i called them they said still checking .even i made a complaint but nothing they said v cant tell u exact time wen u will recieve .bull shit

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:06 am

ok today i received a letter from tax office asking some questions .

what is ur nationality.

what country did u cum frm ?( wat date i will hav to enter wen i came as a student in 2003 or wp date)

do u plan to go back to dat cntry?
what is ur home office refrence ? which ref no ,ILR one
hav u been granted ilr?

do u hav any children and what nationality they are (now i am confused ,bcz my sons dont hav any ilr visa as they r born here ,so what i will write .their case for registration as a bn still wid ncs)))))

plzzzz seniors help.

faz28

Post by faz28 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:57 pm

ayesha11 wrote:ok today i received a letter from tax office asking some questions .

what is ur nationality.

what country did u cum frm ?( wat date i will hav to enter wen i came as a student in 2003 or wp date)

hav u been granted ilr?

do u hav any children and what nationality they are (now i am confused ,bcz my sons dont hav any ilr visa as they r born here ,so what i will write .their case for registration as a bn still wid ncs)))))

plzzzz seniors help.
Recieved the same form & I answered everything and sent our passports ontime before deadline but HMRC messed up big time they say we didnot send anything and refused our claim. Just today appealed against their decision with proof.

Just put the first date u came to uk(student)

Say no to Go back to your country
Home office ref no will be in any corrensponde HO sent u.

Put your nationality to children & in the box down say u have applied British registration for them.( if u have already applied)(sent photocopy of ur Kids birth certificate it might help)

I strongly advice u to photocopy the form & send everything via special delivery, own experience. Hope ur claim get resolved soon.

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:59 pm

yeah i sent them via recorded delivery.
i called them today n lady saying u will receive response in 3wks.
so lets see.

saadi038
Newly Registered

Post by saadi038 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:04 am

it does'nt matter how long they take they pay you for all this time, your documents should all be completed i mean NI Yours and your partner and utrn in case you selfemployed last year's tax returnes or last year's income.

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Fri May 18, 2012 10:34 am

hi all friends hav u got any updat regarding tax .plz update if u received
thnx

masum88
Newly Registered

T & w credit.

Post by masum88 » Sat May 19, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi A,

I appilied for T&W credit in Feb got reply with form in middle of april.I send my original passport with form in 20 april.I got all payments in 27 of april.Received my original passport 3/05/12 and awarding letter 14/05/2012. I got the same form you had. I hope it will help you and get your claim very soon.

Regards.

Rashed

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

passports

Post by jinkazama_11 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:48 pm

faz28 wrote:
ayesha11 wrote:ok today i received a letter from tax office asking some questions .

what is ur nationality.

hav u been granted ilr?

plzzzz seniors help.
Recieved the same form & I answered everything and sent our passports ontime before deadline but HMRC messed up big time they say we didnot send anything and refused our claim. Just today appealed against their decision with proof.

Just put the first date u came to uk(student)

Say no to Go back to your country
Home office ref no will be in any corrensponde HO sent u.

Put your nationality to children & in the box down say u have applied British registration for them.( if u have already applied)(sent photocopy of ur Kids birth certificate it might help)

I strongly advice u to photocopy the form & send everything via special delivery, own experience. Hope ur claim get resolved soon.
Hi Faz28

I received the same form asking questions about my nationality and etc. I am bit reluctant to send my original documents to them. The letter came from Tax Credit Office and they send a return envelope with this address "HM Revenue and Customs, Child Benefit Office (GB), PO Box 1, New Castle Upon Tyne
NE88 1ZB". My question is
1) did you send your documents to this address? this looks like "Child Benefit Office" address?
2) How long they took to send the documents back to you?

Thanks for your help.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Re: T & w credit.

Post by jinkazama_11 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:51 pm

masum88 wrote:Hi A,

I appilied for T&W credit in Feb got reply with form in middle of april.I send my original passport with form in 20 april.I got all payments in 27 of april.Received my original passport 3/05/12 and awarding letter 14/05/2012. I got the same form you had. I hope it will help you and get your claim very soon.

Regards.

Rashed
Hi Rashed
Did u send ur passports to this address?

"HM Revenue and Customs, Child Benefit Office (GB), PO Box 1, New Castle Upon Tyne
NE88 1ZB"

masum88
Newly Registered

Post by masum88 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:46 pm

yes.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Thanks
I am bit relaxed now. i will send my passport with a covering note.

abed9631
Newly Registered

Post by abed9631 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:51 pm

jinkazama_11 wrote:Thanks
Hi jinkazama_11, have you sent your passport? Any updates received from the HMRC?

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:31 pm

abed9631 wrote:
Hi jinkazama_11, have you sent your passport? Any updates received from the HMRC?
yes i have sent my and my wife's passport last week but haven't received anything back. just worried about losing our passports.

abed9631
Newly Registered

Post by abed9631 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:52 pm

jinkazama_11 wrote:
abed9631 wrote:
yes i have sent my and my wife's passport last week but haven't received anything back. just worried about losing our passports.
Thanks for the reply. Please note that I am also in the same boat and worried about my CTC outcome. After being granted ILR in Feb I applied for CTC in mid-March this year. Around 3 wks after making that application I then received a letter from HMRC asking me to provide further evidence in support of my CTC claim. Basically they sent me a form to fill in with immigration details and requested to return that along with my original passport to the CHILD BENEFIT OFFICE in NEWSCASTLE using the prepaid envelope that they also sent with the form. I posted all these by RM next day delivery service on 29th May and the CB office duly received those on time. Yesterday I rang the Tax Credit office for an update and to my surprise they said they haven't received any such documents and my CTC has been rejected. I told them that I did send all the required papers and have the proof of delivery to the NEWCASTLE OFFICE. At this point they said I shouldn't have sent the documents to CB office as they are not responsible to deal with CTC and therefore Tax Credit Office wouldn't be able to provide any update apart from that my claim has been rejected. I was really angry and forced the so called 'advisor' to let me talk to his manager. The manager simply said she doesn't understand why the Tax Credit office would ask me to send something to CB office and it's not their mistake that my passport is now missing. The funny thing is that she then advised to make a new CTC claim and also said that after 3 weeks of making the new claim they will send me a form asking for further documents if needed. AGAIN!!!! Looks like it's going to be the same cycle again. Sheer stupidity beyond anyone's comprehension!!

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:24 pm

I was reluctant to send the documents to that address.
I have sent my documents to that address beacuse
a) I visited local tax office and they said HMRC wont accept certified copies from tax office and the return address on reply envelop is fine and i should send my passports to this address.
b) Some one from this forum told me that they send their documents to the same address and got them back within one week.

I am really worried now.

faz28

Post by faz28 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:46 pm

abed9631 wrote:
jinkazama_11 wrote:
abed9631 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Please note that I am also in the same boat and worried about my CTC outcome. After being granted ILR in Feb I applied for CTC in mid-March this year. Around 3 wks after making that application I then received a letter from HMRC asking me to provide further evidence in support of my CTC claim. Basically they sent me a form to fill in with immigration details and requested to return that along with my original passport to the CHILD BENEFIT OFFICE in NEWSCASTLE using the prepaid envelope that they also sent with the form. I posted all these by RM next day delivery service on 29th May and the CB office duly received those on time. Yesterday I rang the Tax Credit office for an update and to my surprise they said they haven't received any such documents and my CTC has been rejected. I told them that I did send all the required papers and have the proof of delivery to the NEWCASTLE OFFICE. At this point they said I shouldn't have sent the documents to CB office as they are not responsible to deal with CTC and therefore Tax Credit Office wouldn't be able to provide any update apart from that my claim has been rejected. I was really angry and forced the so called 'advisor' to let me talk to his manager. The manager simply said she doesn't understand why the Tax Credit office would ask me to send something to CB office and it's not their mistake that my passport is now missing. The funny thing is that she then advised to make a new CTC claim and also said that after 3 weeks of making the new claim they will send me a form asking for further documents if needed. AGAIN!!!! Looks like it's going to be the same cycle again. Sheer stupidity beyond anyone's comprehension!!
After reading ur post even I checked my documents to see where I have sent the documents, yes even I have send the our passports to that address. I don't understand why did Hmrc sent those envelopes but when my documents came back with a covering letter it has tax credit address on it. I don't understand what they are doing. Mine is in appeals & no response yet.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:53 pm

faz28 wrote:
abed9631 wrote:
jinkazama_11 wrote:
abed9631 wrote:
After reading ur post even I checked my documents to see where I have sent the documents, yes even I have send the our passports to that address. I don't understand why did Hmrc sent those envelopes but when my documents came back with a covering letter it has tax credit address on it. I don't understand what they are doing. Mine is in appeals & no response yet.
Hi Faz28
after how many weeks you got your passports back? I am only worried about losing my passports. thanks for your response.

faz28

Post by faz28 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Sent my passports on 22/03/2012. I think I recieved my documents back on 07-10 of April but Covering letter was dated on 30/03/2012.

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

Post by jinkazama_11 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:06 pm

faz28 wrote:Sent my passports on 22/03/2012. I think I recieved my documents back on 07-10 of April but Covering letter was dated on 30/03/2012
thanks faz28. Hopefully we ll receive ours back soon.
Hopefully your appeal ll be successful.