ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british citizen want return to uk with wife and child

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

john1978

british citizen want return to uk with wife and child

Post by john1978 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:23 pm

hello, to all please could you advice me on here, i have been live and work in germany for nearly 2years , and my (iraqi) national wife and child join me in germany under darective/2004/38/EC my wife got 5years and my child got 3years resdence p , my qoustion is can thy entre uk with out visa and stay with me in uk, thank you for your help

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:14 pm

You have a few options:

1. Apply for a spouse visa under the UK immigration rules. This visa is costly and has maintenance and English language requirements but will allow your wife to apply for British citizenship after 3 years in the UK.

2. Apply for a EEA Family Permit. This application is free and the requirements are much easier to meet if you worked in the EU. However, the path to British citizenship will take 5 years.

If you don't want to apply for a visa at all, the best option would be to drive to Calais, France and seek entry at the port. This way you don't need to deal with airlines which will not allow your wife to fly to the UK without a visa. At the port, you will need to provide the same evidence needed for EEA Family Permit, namely a marriage certificate and proof you have been working in Germany. See more Can family members of British citizens qualify for an EEA family permit? ('Surinder Singh' cases).

john1978

Post by john1978 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:52 pm

thanx jambo , yes i can prove i have been working in germany and i do have marge c and child birth c and all my payslip, so u mean i would have problem with airline only but if i drave to u with my wife and my child ,uk immgration let me in, and can they stay in uk with me?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:13 pm

Correct. It all depends on your preferences. if you prefer to fly back to the UK, your wife and child (if not British) will need a Family Permit. If you drive/show up at the port, UKBA will examine our documents and let you in.

See MelC - Surninder Singh @ Calais.

john1978

Post by john1978 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:01 pm

thank you very much jambo for your info.