ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application under process at British High Commission

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jav1979
Newly Registered

Application under process at British High Commission

Post by jav1979 » Fri May 20, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi everyone,

My father has applied for a vis. First of all it said "application forwarded to Embassy for processing".
After 2 weeks, it has changed to "application is under process at the British High Commission" - 19/05/2011

I've never heard of anything like this before. I know someone else who applied and it said "application returned to AC" whereas ours says it is with the British High Commission.

Does anyone know why this is the case?

Thanks

Ejaz12

Post by Ejaz12 » Fri May 20, 2011 2:39 pm

For what category does he applied? When did he apply?

ibeactive
Newly Registered

Post by ibeactive » Fri May 20, 2011 3:20 pm

jav1979 - I believe you have applied for a visit visa. The status changes are correct and you need not worry. This is the normal process of the application.

I had applied for my parents and did notice these statuses until we collected the passport

jav1979
Newly Registered

Post by jav1979 » Sat May 21, 2011 12:17 pm

Ejaz12 wrote:For what category does he applied? When did he apply?
thanks Ejaz12 for replying.
we applied for a visit visa, but we know sum1 else who applied and it never said at British High Commission and they got a visa.

thanks

jav1979
Newly Registered

Post by jav1979 » Sat May 21, 2011 12:19 pm

ibeactive wrote:jav1979 - I believe you have applied for a visit visa. The status changes are correct and you need not worry. This is the normal process of the application.

I had applied for my parents and did notice these statuses until we collected the passport
thank u ibeactive for replying.

yeah they did apply for visit visa but most people say that when it goes to British High Commission it goes to appeal.
Did u get a visa?

thanks

ibeactive
Newly Registered

Post by ibeactive » Sat May 21, 2011 4:24 pm

but most people say that when it goes to British High Commission it goes to appeal.
Thats wrong information. The moderators can clarify this.

Yes my parents applied for the visit visa and we got it approved. To my knowledge all visas applications go through the following status change as I have tracked the status of my applications as well as my team members when we applied for their visas

1. Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission
2. Visa application is under process at the British High Commission

After the processing is over

3. Processed Application in Transit
4. Your application has been received at the UK Visa Application Centre and is ready for collection OR some message like Your application has been sent through Blue Dart

After Collection from the application centre

5.Your processed visa application has been collected from UK Visa application centre on <date> OR some message like Your application has been delivered on <date>

Hope this clarifies

jav1979
Newly Registered

Post by jav1979 » Sat May 21, 2011 4:48 pm

hi,

thanks again for your help, hopefully b ok.

jav1979
Newly Registered

Post by jav1979 » Sun May 22, 2011 4:28 pm

'ibeactive',

did u apply in india or in pakistan?

thanks

ibeactive
Newly Registered

Post by ibeactive » Sun May 22, 2011 9:49 pm

jav, i applied in India

PN_UK
Newly Registered

Application status

Post by PN_UK » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:35 am

Hi "ibeative"

I submitted the application 2 weeks back but the status of my application still shows "Your application has been submitted to BHC". Does that mean the high commission has still not started processing it? Does all the applications show all 4 application status?

I have applied for a Tier 2 visa.

Thanks

ibeactive
Newly Registered

Post by ibeactive » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi PN_UK,

I am honestly not sure if it would be right to interpret the following status
Your application has been submitted to BHC
as application not yet processed. Whatever I have mentioned is the status I have noticed for Visit visas for my parents and Tier 2 visas for my team members. For the 6 applications I have tracked I could see the statuses I have mentioned.

In your case, I would say, may be the status has not been changed even though you application is under process. Have you spoken to your HR/visa department about the applications submitted along with you (and after you)?

imranhameed2000

Post by imranhameed2000 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:49 am

HI JAV1979....did ur parents get the visa or not.....

my sister visit visa statuts is saying

'Application under process at BHC'....before it was saying

'application forwarded to BHC for processing'

a reply will be much appreciaed

sreeram.akella
Newly Registered

UK Tier 1 dependent visa status not changing

Post by sreeram.akella » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:38 am

My wife applied for Tier 1 dependent visa on 30th Aug and till now the status has not changed from "Your visa application has been forwarded to the British High Commission". The status has been the same since 1st September and we are getting a little worried now. Any idea how long will it generally take or what could have been the reason for this delay?