ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist Visa Spain -Spouse ILR,British national

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

m_man1

Tourist Visa Spain -Spouse ILR,British national

Post by m_man1 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi ,

Just wanted to find out if my spouse(who holds an ILR) will need a tourist visa

I am a british citizen myself & in a fix if visa is needed

Kindly share your ideas on the timeline & procedures

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:34 pm

If a visa national, then yes for travel to Spain. Directive applies to the issuance of the visa.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:10 pm

The Schengen visa should be free and for that you will need to book an appointment with the consulate. You will need to be patient. Efficiency is not the Spaniards strongest attribute.

friendinneed

Post by friendinneed » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:43 pm

You would need to say what their nationality is. Their uk immigration status will make no difference in entering Spain

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: Tourist Visa Spain -Spouse ILR,British national

Post by ca.funke » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:38 pm

m_man1 wrote:...Just wanted to find out if my spouse(who holds an ILR) will need a tourist visa...
Depends on the nationality of your spouse.

If (s)he is not >>visa-required in Schengen<<, then you can just go.

If (s)he is visa-required in Schengen you can also "just go", but it will be much more difficult as per subsection "EEA family member without Residence Card (Part 2)" of this post. In this case it might be advisable to get a visa, even if it´s not strictly required.

Rgds, Christian

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:13 pm

friendinneed wrote:You would need to say what their nationality is. Their uk immigration status will make no difference in entering Spain
Correct, but if the person requires a visa, then they normally need to apply where they are resident. If that's the UK then they can apply there. If not, it's possibly back to their home country.