ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Points for Age Tier 1 General Extension.. URGENT Please!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

itmalik
Newly Registered

Post by itmalik » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:16 pm

I applied for HSMP on 26th February 2008 and received Approval Letter on 15th April 2008, that time my age was 27 years and I have been awarded full 20 points for my age. I did send my Passport with Approval Letter in November 2008 and received back with Tier 1 (General) Visa on (expiring Feb. 2012), and that time (November 2008) my age was 28 years.

Now my question is at the time of extension what age shall I consider for claiming points? Is it 27 or 28 years? If I consider 27 then I get 20 points and if I mention 28 I get 10points. And if I take 27 years then what proof I need to prove this? Because on my passport: Tier 1 Visa start from November 2008 and that time I was 28 years, and I don't have copy or reference number of my approval letter. But I have reference number for my application which I submitted on 26th February 2008, I got this reference from confirmation email sent by HSMP Team in March 2008 (Email confirms that they recieved my application on 03/03/2008).

Please help me with that, as my visa expiring next month!!! Anyone had same issue before or know the answer… will be great help

theroyale

Post by theroyale » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:03 am

There are many, many posts on this: a simple Search would have answered your question. Basically you get the same points for age that you got during your initial application.

kmunir

Post by kmunir » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:12 pm

I dont know exactly why don't you have your HSMP letter with you now but the age for which you get points is what your age was at the time of your first application (i.e. the HSMP application).
Regards,
KM

itmalik
Newly Registered

Post by itmalik » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:39 pm

thanx theroyale nd kmunir..... kmunir im just been so stupid nd careless, i had full previous documentation but i lost it somewhere. i will try to call home office on monday and will find out what they have on their system.... any other suggestion will be much appreciated!!!!!

nadeemmoghal
Newly Registered

Post by nadeemmoghal » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:57 pm

i have exactly the same scenario as yours but i have been told by solicitor that i am here on Tier1 visa not HSMP so the Tier 1 visa application date will be considered for extension application and for confirmation if you go to home office website and put your current age in calculator you will get 10 points.

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:41 pm

you get the same points as in your initial tier 1 application on the age what you are now.
all the best

itmalik
Newly Registered

Post by itmalik » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:01 am

nadeemmoghal wrote:i have exactly the same scenario as yours but i have been told by solicitor that i am here on Tier1 visa not HSMP so the Tier 1 visa application date will be considered for extension application and for confirmation if you go to home office website and put your current age in calculator you will get 10 points.
Hi Nadeem, Thanx for reply. And have you applied for extension yet or not? and in points calculator on UKBA site, it ask for date of first application and when i looked for "help on this question" it tells me to take 29 feb. 2008 as date of first application in my case. it doesn't ask for current age, nor either Tier 1 application form ask for it.

nadeemmoghal
Newly Registered

Post by nadeemmoghal » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:39 pm

i have not applied for extension yet, will be applying at the end of Month. 29 feb 2008 is for those people who are currently on HSMP, we are not on HSMP our visa is tier 1 General so i have confirmed we will get points for age at the time of Tier 1 entry clearance.

nadeemmoghal
Newly Registered

Post by nadeemmoghal » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:47 pm

Malik, you can read this thread as well. he called home office and got the same answer. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=93479

itmalik
Newly Registered

Post by itmalik » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:48 pm

nadeemmoghal wrote:i have not applied for extension yet, will be applying at the end of Month. 29 feb 2008 is for those people who are currently on HSMP, we are not on HSMP our visa is tier 1 General so i have confirmed we will get points for age at the time of Tier 1 entry clearance.
But Nadeem, what about this statement (I found on help for question "Age at the time of Application" on point calculator):
"Points-based calculator - help
If you are in the UK and are applying to extend your stay you can score up to 20 points for your age. You should use your age at the date of your application for your first permission to stay as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, as a Highly Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist or Self-Employed Lawyer. Please refer to the Tier 1 (General) policy guidance for details of the points that you can score for age.
If your first application was to the HSMP this will be the date that you applied for your HSMP approval letter, not the date that you applied for your leave.
"

itmalik
Newly Registered

Post by itmalik » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:53 pm

itmalik wrote:
nadeemmoghal wrote:i have not applied for extension yet, will be applying at the end of Month. 29 feb 2008 is for those people who are currently on HSMP, we are not on HSMP our visa is tier 1 General so i have confirmed we will get points for age at the time of Tier 1 entry clearance.
But Nadeem, what about this statement (I found on help for question "Age at the time of Application" on point calculator):
"Points-based calculator - help
If you are in the UK and are applying to extend your stay you can score up to 20 points for your age. You should use your age at the date of your application for your first permission to stay as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, as a Highly Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist or Self-Employed Lawyer. Please refer to the Tier 1 (General) policy guidance for details of the points that you can score for age.
If your first application was to the HSMP this will be the date that you applied for your HSMP approval letter, not the date that you applied for your leave.
"
Nadeem, here is big confusion.... i discussed with one solicitor, he said to me as you have made only one application (i.e HSMP application) so you will get same 20 points. I have also contacted UKBA today and firstly she said to me which you said, but when i mentioned to her above quote, then she said its self explanatory and you will get 20 points.
Please pass your comments!! anyone else's contribution on topic will be much appreciated!!!

nadeemmoghal
Newly Registered

Post by nadeemmoghal » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:14 pm

Malik, there is definitely a big confusion bu i suggest you for being on the safe side consider it 10 because you will not be able to take risk. anyway i am going to see a solicitor tomorrow and i ll update here about discussion with him.

nadeemmoghal
Newly Registered

Post by nadeemmoghal » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Malik, i have another question as we are in same state, do you think we are still under HSMP Transitional arrangement and have to pay reduced fee or not?

itmalik
Newly Registered

Post by itmalik » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:00 pm

nadeemmoghal wrote:Malik, i have another question as we are in same state, do you think we are still under HSMP Transitional arrangement and have to pay reduced fee or not?
I don't think so, bcos we have already used this arrangement: at the time when we made our application for leave to remain with HSMP approval letter.
Please check out following link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tsforhsmp/

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Post by smartkhan » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:17 pm

Hello Malik and Nadeem,

I am on the same boat as you. Please take extra care when apply for extension. I know a guy who applied for extension and got 10 points not 20. He had same case as us. Try to be on safe side and consider your age points as 10. Don't go with HSMP calculator because it makes you confuse. Just read the guidance notes. It clearly states you'll get points according to first leave to enter i.e. the visa date, not the hsmp approval letter date. I called the call centre and they said the same. 10 points. We will pay the full fees not the reduced.

itmalik
Newly Registered

Post by itmalik » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:47 am

nadeemmoghal wrote:Malik, there is definitely a big confusion bu i suggest you for being on the safe side consider it 10 because you will not be able to take risk. anyway i am going to see a solicitor tomorrow and i ll update here about discussion with him.
Nadeem, Any update from Solictor??

nadeemmoghal
Newly Registered

Post by nadeemmoghal » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:55 pm

Malik, its still confusing , solicitor is not cleared as well but i am going to claim same points as i got for HSMP approval. in this case i ll get 80 points and if they will not accept it i will still have 75 points. So i suggesst you to consider 10 points to be safe.

itmalik
Newly Registered

Post by itmalik » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:27 pm

nadeemmoghal wrote:Malik, its still confusing , solicitor is not cleared as well but i am going to claim same points as i got for HSMP approval. in this case i ll get 80 points and if they will not accept it i will still have 75 points. So i suggesst you to consider 10 points to be safe.
Thanx Nadeem, and I am already covered on that side, i will get 85 (with 20 for age) and otherwise will get 75. Actually I am unsure what to mention on application form....

nadeemmoghal
Newly Registered

Post by nadeemmoghal » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:28 am

mention 20 points for age on application form and explain it in the cover letter giving the refrence from points calculator.

itmalik
Newly Registered

Post by itmalik » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:20 pm

nadeemmoghal wrote:mention 20 points for age on application form and explain it in the cover letter giving the refrence from points calculator.
Thanx, Iwill... nd good luck to u for the same....

basu003
Newly Registered

Post by basu003 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:16 pm

I am also in same condition, may I know how many points you got when you have applied please...

basu003
Newly Registered

Post by basu003 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:18 pm

I am also in same condition, may I know how many points you got when you have applied please...

itmalik
Newly Registered

Post by itmalik » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:34 am

Hello everyone,

Just a update regarding this post (thought may help sum others)

I got my extension last week (Thanks to Allah Subhan o Talah). And i have been awarded FULL 20 POINTS for Age , as at the time of my first application.

So is there anyone with same situation; will get the same points for age as at first application's...

Thanks to all