ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP JR Employed +Self Employed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

HSMP JR Employed +Self Employed

Post by tehminamazher » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:28 pm

Hi Forum Memebers,

I am both employed and self employed.

is it mandatory to show that both that I am employed and and self employed.

What if i dont deregister myself and only show my employment. i.e salary slips/ P60 and bank statement for the HSMP extension purposes under HSMP JR

or

We have to tell HMRC that we are not working at the moment and will start later on sometime.

Comments from Sushil ACCA , AccountantMattew or some senior will be appreciated

Regards

TM

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Still waiting reply from Sushil ACCA/ Accountant Matthew.

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:51 am

I have a day job that I get paid for and also take weekends off tehminamazher so I tend to only give free information away on my terms!

Regarding your application, I would have thought that the main concern of UKBA is that you are able to back up what earnings you claim. So if you are not going to rely on self employment income (so not claim it) then there is not the requirement to provide any further information.

This is more a visa rather than accounts/tax related question though so I'm not going to claim that I am an expert in such matters - if anyone else has a different opinion with a better experience than me then give their answer prescedence.

If you have registered as self employed but are not undertaking any self employment (so have say never started or have finished your trade/profession) then by all means deregister. However when you do carry on self employment through a sole trader medium then HMRC must be aware of this and you must be ensure that you are complying with the relevant tax laws.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:12 pm

IN JR visa employment is very important than amount

if applicant not able to show always employed or self emploued than ilr is a issue

so keeping self employment will be 100% handy

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:53 pm

Thanks AccountantMatthew/Sushil

I have beed self employed filed the tax returm for 2010/2011, will also file the tax return 2011/2012.

My query is as I am covered under HSMP JR , are there any consequences I dont tell UKBA that I am self emplyed and tell that I am employed, submit my salary slips for the last 12 months , bank statement and P60 for the year ending Aril 2012 ( I will not be able to get and submit P60 for 2013 as my visa expires Mar 2013, do I have to submit any other document instead of the P60 for 2013) as I have to show that I am economically active.

Regards

TM

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:19 pm

FILING TAX RETURN proves that applicant is fully active

but only p60 may cause issue that applicant was not active for some period

tax return with self employed will leave no doubt about activness

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:50 pm

Hi Sushil,

I will be submitting the salary slips and the bank statements confirming that the salary amount is transfererd in my bank account will that be OK.

Regards

TM