ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Wed May 02, 2012 11:35 am

harv,

sorry to correct u but i have been recently there....
i submitted my passport in mrng at 9ish and collected at 3:45pm... its written clearly there...

oh i just realised, im talking abt BHC, New Delhi n ur talking abt VFS, New Delhi.... sorry guys for confusion :)
Spouse Visa Applied at VFS Delhi: 5th Sep, 11
Refusal Recvd: 4th Oct, 11
Appeal Lodged: 21st Oct, 11
Hearing Date: 2nd March, 2012
Appeal Allowd: 23rd Mar, 12
Call Letter Recvd: 2nd Apr, 12
VISA GRANTED: 3rd Apr, 12
ILR Granted: 12th Sep 2014

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Thu May 03, 2012 5:48 am

ravikd wrote:
pazpatel wrote:any news ravikd?
Passport Ready for collection:-)

My wife will go tomorrow or day after to collect it.

Cheers.
Hi Ravikd, any news? All crossed for you.....
06/03/2012 - Submitted @ AHM (INDIA)
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
11/03/2012 - Under Process at BHC
13/06/2012 - VISA GRANTED!!!!!
2 Years on.....
02/09/2014 - Application SET (M) ILR sent (Postal)
09/09/2014 - Cheque presented to my bank

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Thu May 03, 2012 10:34 am

kalvian wrote:Hello Pazpatel,

I havent heard anything till now, hoping this friday as based on last few weeks status has changed on fridays for most members
pazpatel wrote:
ravikd wrote:

Cheers.
Good luck to you today mate if you are picking up..... Everything crossed for you.
Fingers crossed you or even both of us hear something tomorrow.......
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
2 Years on.....

LondonCalling2012
Newly Registered

UK spousal visa - Appeal

Post by LondonCalling2012 » Thu May 03, 2012 3:14 pm

Hi everyone. I have been following this forum for 1 month now & want to say I send prayers to all of you from me, my mum & my papa that all your applications be successful.

I would like to share our experience so it may help somebody...
My mum & I are British citizens and came to India so she could marry her true soulmate, her husband/my papa now!

They applied, had the file checked by a top London solicitor and the application was refused today. The reason for refusal was basically that my mother was married previously but the Entry clearance Officer did not see any divorce paper submitted. Therefore her marriage to papa was not a "real one".

We checked the visa file 1million times and KNOW the divorce paper was in there! it's crucial to the file, how would we ever forget it? The visa centre even wrote it down on their checklist.

We have lodged an appeal this evening. We are expecting a miracle result on this. Everyone who is waiting for their application or Appeal should declare victory!

We are all together in India going through this,but it must be harder for couples who live apart! I have seen that appeals are successful here & our lawyer said it will work too. Please pray for our family, this is the hardest time of our lives.

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Re: UK spousal visa - Appeal

Post by pazpatel » Thu May 03, 2012 3:19 pm

LondonCalling2012 wrote:Hi everyone. I have been following this forum for 1 month now & want to say I send prayers to all of you from me, my mum & my papa that all your applications be successful.

My mum & I are British citizens and came to India so she could marry her true soulmate, her husband/my papa now!

They applied, had the file checked by a top London solicitor and the application was refused today. The reason for refusal was basically that my mother was married previously but the Entry clearance Officer did not see any divorce paper submitted. Therefore her marriage to papa was not a "real one".

We checked the visa file 1million times and KNOW the divorce paper was in there! it's crucial to the file, how would we ever forget it? The visa centre even wrote it down on their checklist.

We have lodged an appeal this evening. We are expecting a miracle result on this. Everyone who is waiting for their application or Appeal should declare victory!

We are all together in India going through this,but it must be harder for couples who live apart! I have seen that appeals are successful here & our lawyer said it will work too. Please pray for our family, this is the hardest time of our lives.
Hi,

Many thanks for your prayers and best wishes and my prayers and best wishes are with you too..... I hope you hear an answer on your appeal very soon, Are you also in India at the moment? Are your family originally from India?

Everything is crossed for you and hope you hear positive news and feedback very soon.
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
2 Years on.....

LondonCalling2012
Newly Registered

Re: UK spousal visa - Appeal

Post by LondonCalling2012 » Thu May 03, 2012 3:55 pm

pazpatel wrote:
LondonCalling2012 wrote:Hi everyone. I have been following this forum for 1 month now & want to say I send prayers to all of you from me, my mum & my papa that all your applications be successful.

Hi,

Many thanks for your prayers and best wishes and my prayers and best wishes are with you too..... I hope you hear an answer on your appeal very soon, Are you also in India at the moment? Are your family originally from India?

Everything is crossed for you and hope you hear positive news and feedback very soon.

Yes we are...
I also wanted to recommend a book to anyone whose looking for inspiration whilst they are waiting during this horrible time, it's called 'There Is A Spiritual Solution To Every Problem' by Wayne Dyer. if anyone is willing to give it a try, it will really help...

If you or anyone have any information about Appeals, what the judge has asked you/anyone before then please let me know? Lots of love

ravikd

Post by ravikd » Thu May 03, 2012 8:42 pm

pazpatel wrote:
ravikd wrote:

Cheers.
Hi Guys,

Good news from my side is that my wife had received visa on Wednesday.
I was very worried about my visa outcome as :-

1. I have changed my job during my wife's visa was in process.I read on this forum that it might cause an issue but it didn't.

2.I have only supplied three emails for 'subsisting marriage' proof and no
call records.

3. Supplied three months bank statement on bank's letterhead but rest of them were internet copies stamped by bank.

4.Only marriage pics. No before/after marriage pics.

5.Only degree taught in english and no other english test certificates.No NARIC certificate.

So very less documents but eventually good result.

Thanks for your support during this long wait and hope all the best for all of you.

Cheers.

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:57 pm

@ravikd,

yuhooooo congratulations.... now start looking for a gud flight..i always had gud experience wid jet airways...

@Londoncalling...

thnk u for ur wishes and prayers... we all will pray that u hear an answer very soon as i find this an administrative error on ECO's part...

ravikd

Post by ravikd » Thu May 03, 2012 9:00 pm

lucy_2011 wrote:@ravikd,

yuhooooo congratulations.... now start looking for a gud flight..i always had gud experience wid jet airways...

@Londoncalling...

thnk u for ur wishes and prayers... we all will pray that u hear an answer very soon as i find this an administrative error on ECO's part...
My wife is coming tomorrow (Friday).Thanks for your wishes.

LondonCalling2012
Newly Registered

Post by LondonCalling2012 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:43 pm

lucy_2011 wrote:
@Londoncalling...

Thanks, how did you find the appeal went for your case or anyone you may know? Are most appeals successful in situations like this?
Thank you :)

maroonedsoul

Applied April 2012

Post by maroonedsoul » Fri May 04, 2012 5:47 am

Hey All,

After much researching online, I stumbled on this website and thought I would share my application details as well and get your best wishes.

My husband is a British national, and after getting married in January 2012, we applied for the spouse visa on April 27th with the following documents:

Applicant's Info:

Old and New passports
Birth Certificate and Tenth Certificate (Proof of Age)
Last employment contract (currently unemployed)
Last few payslips
Bank Statements for the past 6 months
Tax Statements for the year 2010 and 2011 (Canadian ones) as I lived in Canada before moving to India although I am Indian

Sponsor's Info:

Old passport (VISA stamps to prove that we were in a long distance and met every so often)
Photocopy of the new passport and Indian VISA copy
Pay slips for 6 months
Bank Statements for 8 months
Tax slips for 2 years
Savings statements- most recent ones - issued yearly
Employment Contract in India

Language Proof:

Degree Certificate (official)
Research paper from final year in English
University Transcript and Statement of Results (unofficial)
Print out from UKBA Points Based Calculator

Maintenance and Accommodation:

Rental Agreement from UK with an accompanying original letter explaining that it was done while the client was abroad

Advertisement on rightmove.co.uk advertising the property and the description that went along with it.

Budget Sheet as both of our budgets are not typical as he still got paid in UK while working in India, and I had a job for four months before I resigned etc etc

Marriage:

Marriage Certificate Original, and photos from the day

Relationship evidence:

Cards sent to each other
Lots of emails
Facebook messages
Emails from other friends and family asking about how both of us are doing
Lots of photos from each and every trip that we have taken together
Skype chats
Gmail chats
Travel tickets
Hotel bookings etc

We also submitted letters from me and my husband explaining the information. Photograph for the application, my resume and an example of job that I would apply to once I get the VISA.

I hope I covered everything that they could possibly need and am sincerely hoping that I wouldn't be denied a VISA and if I am- God knows what I might do next!!!!

Does anyone have any idea how long it might take after it says that it is under processing. Also, is there a way you can find out what stage of the processing it is???

Thanks so much guys, and wish you all the very best and hope all of you hear good news soon enough!

27 April 2012: Application Submitted
27 April 2012: Application forwarded to BHC, Chennai
3 May 2012: Application under process at BHC, Chennai

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Fri May 04, 2012 6:05 am

ravikd wrote:
pazpatel wrote:
ravikd wrote:

Cheers.
Hi Guys,

1. I have changed my job during my wife's visa was in process.I read on this forum that it might cause an issue but it didn't.

call records.

3. Supplied three months bank statement on bank's letterhead but rest of them were internet copies stamped by bank.

5.Only degree taught in english and no other english test certificates.No NARIC certificate.

Thanks for your support during this long wait and hope all the best for all of you.

Cheers.
Oh mate - Huge congratulations to you mate........... Thats really good news. hope your wife has a safe flight and just in time for the long weekend.

Enjoy the long and all the best for your married life.....

Congrats again!
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
2 Years on.....

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Fri May 04, 2012 7:22 am

@ravikd,
dat was really quick... which airport she'll b landing?

@maroonedsoul,

welcome to this forum... first of all congratulations for ur wedding and let me tell u some things common in both of us:

1. hubby - british nationals
2. we got married on 20th Jan, 2012
3. i have also lived in Canada(2009-2010) before i came to uk as visitor last yr :)

now lets get on to some serious talks regarding ur application 8)

im impressed wid the docs specially the budget ones and rightmove docs u have submitted...it shows how serious u r fo rur life here... gud...
u have covered all the docs..

talking abt the processing time, as per the recent trend, u might get a reply possibly end of june or mid of july from the day u submitted ur application... plz dont get disheartened as this is just an estimate based on the recent trends.. unfortunately this is no way u can find out which stage r u on except for chking on ukba website...

hope that helps n gud luck dear.. if u have any doubts, we all r here to help u :)

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Fri May 04, 2012 7:28 am

I havent heard anything till now, hoping this friday as based on last few weeks status has changed on fridays for most members
pazpatel wrote:
ravikd wrote:

Cheers.
Good luck to you today mate if you are picking up..... Everything crossed for you.
Fingers crossed!
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
2 Years on.....

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Fri May 04, 2012 7:44 am

Hi Lucy,

Thanks so much for the response.

I am just curious- if you were married on Jan 20 2012, how could you apply for spouse visa in 2011...or was it fiance visa?

We got married on Jan 25th!!! close enough. If I get the VISA, we should celebrate..haha

Which part of Canada were you in? I was in Edmonton for 5 years- as a student and working briefly before I moved back to India.

I was following the UKBA facebook page where they mentioned that they are trying to process the spouse visa/settlement application sooner than they normally did. I just wish that they would look at the file and be like check- check- check- DONE! Of course, thats just not how it is- but I am so impatient as my husband left just yesterday and I feel so empty without him! Long distance for 5 years was hard enough, and now living together for one year and him having to leave before I could get my VISA is even more difficult!!

So, are you in the UK now? where abouts?

Cheers,
Anna

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Fri May 04, 2012 7:59 am

ur welcome dear :)

i understand ur curiosity.. i told ya i came as visitor here... so whn i came her e, we got the court marriage done in uk on 21st july, 2011... n we applied for spouse visa frm within uk..they rejected application saying go bk to india and apply frm there.. so whn i went bk to india in sept 2011 n applied frm thre..
i was in Toronto, whn there for my masters for an yr..

dnt worry dear...just try n engage urself in some activity... or if u work, keep urself busy..
yes im in uk now, in coventry...whr does ur hubby lives in uk?

ravikd

Post by ravikd » Fri May 04, 2012 8:18 am

dat was really quick... which airport she'll b landing?

@maroonedsoul,

welcome to this forum... first of all congratulations for ur wedding and let me tell u some things common in both of us:

1. hubby - british nationals
2. we got married on 20th Jan, 2012
3. i have also lived in Canada(2009-2010) before i came to uk as visitor last yr :)

now lets get on to some serious talks regarding ur application 8)

im impressed wid the docs specially the budget ones and rightmove docs u have submitted...it shows how serious u r fo rur life here... gud...
u have covered all the docs..

talking abt the processing time, as per the recent trend, u might get a reply possibly end of june or mid of july from the day u submitted ur application... plz dont get disheartened as this is just an estimate based on the recent trends.. unfortunately this is no way u can find out which stage r u on except for chking on ukba website...

hope that helps n gud luck dear.. if u have any doubts, we all r here to help u :)
London Heathrow.

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Fri May 04, 2012 8:30 am

@ravikd

gud gud... tell ur wifey to b patient there as they might send her to health room for chest x-ray... i was sent too but they said they r not taking the test on that day n will send the letter...however, they never sent a letter for test....
n also immi line will b long enough... take an average of 1-2.5 hrs...

ravikd

Post by ravikd » Fri May 04, 2012 11:11 am

lucy_2011 wrote:@ravikd

gud gud... tell ur wifey to b patient there as they might send her to health room for chest x-ray... i was sent too but they said they r not taking the test on that day n will send the letter...however, they never sent a letter for test....
n also immi line will b long enough... take an average of 1-2.5 hrs...
Yeah,correct but she is carrying her X-Ray from India so did I when I came
from India first time.Let's see what happens today.You are right about immigration queue.It takes a hell lot of time.

Cheers.

kdpatel_87

hello paz did u get anything?

Post by kdpatel_87 » Fri May 04, 2012 11:29 am

pazpatel wrote:

pazpatel wrote:
ravikd wrote:

Cheers.
Fingers crossed you or even both of us hear something tomorrow

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Fri May 04, 2012 12:07 pm

@ravikd,

cheerz! hey also, surprise her by some flowers at the airport n nice romantic candles at home... saying frm experience...lol ;)

ravikd

Post by ravikd » Fri May 04, 2012 12:17 pm

cheerz! hey also, surprise her by some flowers at the airport n nice romantic candles at home... saying frm experience...lol ;)
You threw an awsome idea,let me try this..

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Fri May 04, 2012 12:22 pm

ask me, im always here for gud ideas... ;)

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Fri May 04, 2012 12:22 pm

wat time is the flight landing?

kdpatel_87

hi

Post by kdpatel_87 » Fri May 04, 2012 2:17 pm

ravikd wrote:
pazpatel wrote:
ravikd wrote:

Cheers.
Hi Guys,

call records.

Cheers.
hi ravikid many many congrates!!!! can u tell me wot documents did u submitted for accomodation? n how much balance u showed?..n any other documents pelase let me knw ..thank you