ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 YEAR WAITING TIMES

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cleopatraeh
Newly Registered

ILR 10 YEAR WAITING TIMES

Post by cleopatraeh » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi All,

I googled ILR waiting times and found this forum and I have to say thank you first all all as just reading some of the posts made me feel so much better. I posted my passport on the 18th of January, got acknowledgement letter dated 20th January. Still don't have my passport and I a panicking as I completed my probably period at work and my employer has offered me a permanent contract and has asked me for my passport which I do not have......I applied before my stay ran out (22nd January) so I am still allowed to work. I was on Tier 1 - PSW before.

I came here in Sept 2010 and stayed in student visa until 2008 then went on to PSW so technically my 10 years was Sept 2010 but my PSW did not expire until January 2012 and as I was having financial problems I could not afford the £800 application fee.

To the best of my knowledge there is not time that you need to apply by as I applied 1 year after qualifying on the basis of 10 year stay.

When I got my SAR, I could see that they made a mistake. On the log, it does say all my applications was received before my student visas expired but on the case notes of one, the caseworker wrote that I had an out of time application. I wrote to the DPU but they said it was not their remit.

So naturally I am panicking as it has taken so long as I do not know if it is because I applied 11 years after or because of the admin error.

But reading this forum, it looks like there is a delay with January applications all round???

quantum1
Member of Standing

Re: ILR 10 YEAR WAITING TIMES

Post by quantum1 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:18 pm

cleopatraeh wrote:Hi All,

I googled ILR waiting times and found this forum and I have to say thank you first all all as just reading some of the posts made me feel so much better. I posted my passport on the 18th of January, got acknowledgement letter dated 20th January. Still don't have my passport and I a panicking as I completed my probably period at work and my employer has offered me a permanent contract and has asked me for my passport which I do not have......I applied before my stay ran out (22nd January) so I am still allowed to work. I was on Tier 1 - PSW before.

I came here in Sept 2010 and stayed in student visa until 2008 then went on to PSW so technically my 10 years was Sept 2010 but my PSW did not expire until January 2012 and as I was having financial problems I could not afford the £800 application fee.

To the best of my knowledge there is not time that you need to apply by as I applied 1 year after qualifying on the basis of 10 year stay.

When I got my SAR, I could see that they made a mistake. On the log, it does say all my applications was received before my student visas expired but on the case notes of one, the caseworker wrote that I had an out of time application. I wrote to the DPU but they said it was not their remit.

So naturally I am panicking as it has taken so long as I do not know if it is because I applied 11 years after or because of the admin error.

But reading this forum, it looks like there is a delay with January applications all round???
Did you send the out of time application by courier? How many days as there usually is a discretion.

cleopatraeh
Newly Registered

Re: ILR 10 YEAR WAITING TIMES

Post by cleopatraeh » Fri May 04, 2012 11:27 pm

quantum1 wrote:
cleopatraeh wrote:Hi All,

Did you send the out of time application by courier? How many days as there usually is a discretion.

It was not out of time. They made a mistake and they have two different dates on the form. So the application raised dates and the screen shots of the record is the same and is in time but the case worker notes at the back says it is out of time by 18 days!

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by sufferhead » Sat May 05, 2012 7:32 am

Based the average time-line provided on this forum on 10 years route to ILR is 4 to 5 months so keep waiting am sure it will be a good news at the end. I don't think the mistake on their system will affect you since the application you made then was on time so is not a problem because the caseworker too will see it they way you have saw it and if they refuse you on that you have got perfect evidence against them. But am still 100% confident that you will get good news at the end.
nothing united in United Nation.