ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sponsorship licence

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sussexguy

sponsorship licence

Post by sussexguy » Thu May 10, 2012 3:13 pm

Does anyone know if an employer gets their sponsorship licence approved, they immediately appear on the UKBA sponsor list? Or, does it take a bit of time before that happens?

Thanks,S

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu May 10, 2012 5:05 pm

almost immediately

SOM73
BANNED

Post by SOM73 » Fri May 11, 2012 4:06 am

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Fri May 11, 2012 8:38 am

manci wrote:almost immediately
Thanks. Do you know the implication of the following. RLMT done. Application for sponsor's licence done many weeks ago but not yet come through. Current VISA is not valid for too many days. Is there a temp. arrangement to make an application just to continue to stay and work for the company before the sponsorship is sorted.

I have been advised a 'Holding Application' may be applied for to address this situation. Could you shed light on this at all?

Thanks,S

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 11, 2012 11:41 am

sussexguy wrote:I have been advised a 'Holding Application' may be applied for to address this situation.
By a solicitor, I guess! Some tend to advise peculiar applications to earn some quick cash.

If it was indeed a solicitor who advised you so, tell him you are willing to apply on "no win no fees" basis. But do remember that if any such (holding) application is not entertained / refused, you are the one who will end up remaining in the UK illegally .. and may end up regretting it.

IMHO ....
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Fri May 11, 2012 8:49 pm

Yes, its a solisitor being hired by my company. so I do not have much to say there.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Mon May 14, 2012 1:33 pm

sussexguy wrote:Yes, its a solisitor being hired by my company. so I do not have much to say there.
You always have the option to go back home and after the license issue is sorted apply for a RCOS. But that comes with 100 many other obstacles.

Clearly your company & you left this to the last minute mate.

I hope everything works out for you. Good luck.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)