ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Change of Employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nikolaivisch
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Change of Employer

Post by nikolaivisch » Thu May 31, 2012 9:54 am

This is my first post here and I am sure this question might have been answered somewhere in this forum but anyway here it goes.....

I am currently on tier 2 general and I am looking to switch employers. I have already been assigned a COS valid until end of August and I am looking to make the tier 2 application asap by post. I should be able to meet all points as required in the tier 2 policy guidance.

My question is that my new employer indicated an expected start date of 28th of June in my COS but as I need to serve a 4 week notice this will not give me ample time plus the issue of the application determination period! If my application is deemed successful won't I have breached immigration rules if Iam still working with current employer after the 28th of June? Can they alter my expected start date on COS or will need new COS?

Obviously resigning would be foolish pending out come of application and looking at other parts of this forum it does seem that the postal application is taking quite a long time to process so estimating timing of resignation is quite difficult.

Finally as I am changing employer do I need to prove maintenance once more?

Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

sinha

Post by sinha » Thu May 31, 2012 10:03 am

hi

Plaese read clause 194 in tier 2 visa guidance legally u can work until the start date on Cos and not sure of alter dates on Cos and yes u need again again maintenance letter for any new Tier2 application

good luck

nikolaivisch
Newly Registered

Post by nikolaivisch » Thu May 31, 2012 10:13 am

Thanks for your reply.

Just realised I was not clear enough regarding maintenace. What I meant to say was will I require to issue bank statements for the £800 once more? It says in policy if you were previously granted leave as tier 2 migrant you dont need to show £800. Is this still the case with change of employment applications?

And regarding COS start date I pray that it can be altered without having to issue new COS!

sinha

Post by sinha » Thu May 31, 2012 10:16 am

And regarding COS start date I pray that it can be altered without having to issue new COS!

not sure what you meant above?

nikolaivisch
Newly Registered

Post by nikolaivisch » Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 am

What I meant was can my new employer alter my start date on COS from the 28th of June to a latter date without having to issue new COS??

sinha

Post by sinha » Thu May 31, 2012 10:26 am

I am not sure, but I am told once Cos issued with start date its live cos until u apply or assigned