ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to Schengen, without visa, for EEA-family members

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

John G

More Italian hot air....

Post by John G » Thu May 31, 2012 2:06 pm

Anyone have an idea of a cracking reply to this? :?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :!:

Copy/paste below:

Fwd: EEA rights under "Residence Card of a Family Member of a EEA
national"

Ufficio Visti <visti.londra@esteri.it> 31 May 2012 14:55

To: john

Dear Sir,

i'm sorry you think that i haven't been helpful.

As said many times, if you are not married, your partner should apply for a visa.

Rewgards,

paola manti

visa office

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Da: Consolato d'Italia nel Regno Unito Londra [mailto:consolato.londra@esteri.it] Per conto di Segreteria_1
Inviato: giovedì 31 maggio 2012 14.19

A: Consolato d'Italia nel Regno Unito Londra Visti
Oggetto: I: Fwd: EEA rights under "Residence Card of a Family Member of a EEA national"

Da: Ambasciata d'Italia nel Regno Unito Londra [mailto:ambasciata.londra@esteri.it]

Inviato: giovedì 31 maggio 2012 13.59

A: Consolato d'Italia nel Regno Unito Londra; Consolato d'Italia nel Regno Unito Londra Segreteria

Cc: Silvi Marco

Oggetto: FW: Fwd: EEA rights under "Residence Card of a Family Member of a EEA national"

Sent: 28 May 2012 17:06
To: Ambasciata d'Italia nel Regno Unito Londra
Subject: [!! SPAM] Fwd: EEA rights under "Residence Card of a Family Member of a EEA national"

To whom it may concern,

Please read the e-mail thread below from the bottom.

I have been in e-mail correspondence with Paola Manti all day today and in the last few e-mails she has not
been very helpful!

Can you please forward on this e-mail to your legal head within the Italian Embassy.

Me, my partner (we are NOT married and currently in a de facto relationship of over 3 years) and our daughter
of 7 months wants to travel to Italy in August 2012 and I want written confirmation that my partner (a
Colombian national) can travel with me without needing a Schengen Visa by virtue of having the following
Visa:

RESIDENCE DOCUMENTATION
Type of Document : Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National

As you can see, Paola insists that we need a visa and will only accept a marriage certificate! Which we obviously don't have!

Can you please confirm the official/legal stance of Italian Law with respect to EU DIRECTIVE 2004/58/EC?

I have undertaken extensive research on this topic and believe we have full EU rights to free movement within
EEA countries, so long as she travels with me. The following link provides guidance on applying this EU Law:

http://register.consilium.europa.eu/pdf ... 0.en06.pdf

I look forward to your prompt reply.

Best

John
Last edited by John G on Thu May 31, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John G

What the Spanish say!

Post by John G » Thu May 31, 2012 2:30 pm

Interesting, seems no problems in Spain then?

:P :P :P :P :P :P Hurrah!

Copy/paste below translated into English:

RE: RV: EEA Derechos con "Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National"

Fernandez-Mazarambroz,Pilar <pilar.fmazarambroz@maec.es> 31 May 2012 15:13

To: John

Dear Mr. Gargan,

We have no extra information. In Spain he recognized equal rights to married couples possessing a book of family and domestic partners possessing a certificate of domestic partnership in any country where there is a single record for carrying out this record.

Sincerely,

Department of visas

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted on: Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:57

To:. London Conn.

CC: Pacios Cobo, Carmen; Fernandez-Mazarambroz, Pilar
Subject: Re: RV: EEA Rights to "Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National"

Hello Carmen / Pilar,

I hope you are well.

Have some extra information about my question below?

Thank you very much

Johnny

-------------------------------------------------------

2012/5/29 John Gargan < johnsgargan@gmail.com >

Thank you very much

----------------------------------------------------

2012/5/29. London Con < cog.londres @ maec.es >

Dear Sir;

Your mail is forwarded to the Department of Visas that anterán to your inquiry as soon as possible.

With warm regards,

Consulate General of Spain in London
20 Draycott Place
London SW3 2RZ
www.conspalon.org

----------------------------------------------------------------

Posted on: Monday, May 28, 2012 13:57

Subject: Re: EEA Rights to "Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National"

Hello,

Thank you very much for the reply.

One more question, I wanted to confirm that there would be no problem because we are not married.

We are in a "de facto" relationship for over three years and we have a 7 month old daughter.

Could you confirm that there is no problem entering / leaving Spain considering that we are not married?

Thank you very much,

Johnny

------------------------------------------------------------------

On 28 May 2012 13:45. London Con < cog.londres @ maec.es > wrote:

Dear Sir

This Consulate General is pleased to answer your e-mail with information that can be found below and also consulting on the website www.conspalon.org of this Consulate General.

Receive a cordial greeting,

Consulate General of Spain in London
20 Draycott Place
London SW3 2RZ
www.conspalon.org

Dependant OF EU / EEA / SPANISH NATIONAL

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Under Directive 2004/38/EC and according to "Royal Decree 240/2007, 16 February," Family members of an
EU / EEA National in possession of a valid UK Residence Card are not required visa to enter of a Spain When Travelling with the
EU / EEA National or joining him / her in Spain . Otherwise, a visa will still be required ("Royal Decree 1161/2009, 10th July 2009 "
.)

For spouses and / or children of Spanish Nationals Providing the Above condition Applies That the marriage and / or birth is
registered according With The Spanish Civil Register (original "Family Book").

PLEASE NOTE THAT the UK Residence Permit literally That Must state the
holder is a family member of an EU / EEA National, if not, a visa is required
under the Following conditions:

Passport or travel document valid for at least 3 months beyond the Intended departure from Spain and at least two with full
blank visa pages to affix the.

One completed and signed visa application form.31/05/2012

One recent color passport photograph.
Original and photocopy of passport or EU National ID card of the Spanish EU National or National.
UK residence permit.
Original and copy of "Family Book" for Dependants of Spanish Nationals.
Original and copy of the marriage certificate translated Into Spanish or English.

Dependant children must have for the original and copy of Birth certificate translated Into Spanish or English.

Dependant ascendants (parents) Must present the Original birth certificate for the son / daughter proving the family link to the EEA / EU national and copy translated Into Spanish or English.

Original and copy of proof of residence (recent bank statements Such As Household bills or With The name of Both parties).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted on: Sunday, May 27, 2012 21:32

Subject: EEA Rights to "Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National"

Hello,

I hope this emailfinds you well.

I had a question regarding the EEA visa for my partner.

My partner is Colombian and she has the "Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National" which is valid untilJuly 18, 2016. We live in London, England since 2005 (ie over 6 years) and now
we are proud to have a daughter (Luciana) of 7 months.

For what I have understood, she is entitled to enter all the countries that are part of the EEA (Which obviously includes Spain) WITHOUT the need to remove the 'Schengen visa' as we travel together. I
am attaching a document I found on the Internet that confirms this as European law.

In late August 2012 we intend to travel to visit family in Malaga, Spain. For this reason, to be calm, could confirm that my partner would not have to get the 'Schengen visa' to travel to Spain and has the right to enter and leave Spain with the "Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National"
mientres be traveling with me?

Additionally I would like to confirm that I have Italian passport and our daughter is English passport.

I appreciate a quick response so we can buy cheap and get organized.

Thank you very much,

John Gargan

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: What the Spanish say!

Post by ca.funke » Thu May 31, 2012 4:16 pm

Hi John G,

embassy staff, especially from certain regions, sometimes do not know the rules well.

I once tested the knowledge of all Schengen embassies by asking the same question, and publishing their replies:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=30020

I came to the conclusion that it´s not importannt what the Embassy tells you, as long as the borderguards know what they are doing, since those guys will in practice determine if you enter somewhere or not...

...and, unfortunately, there´s no direct connection between Embassy staff and border guards. So a country giving crappy info via their Embassies (Italy) could well admit you at the airport.

Shining exception of all is tiny Malta, whose Embassy provided me with a letter stating explicitly that I may enter without a visa :!:

Rgds and good luck,
Christian

John G

Re: What the Spanish say!

Post by John G » Thu May 31, 2012 4:25 pm

ca.funke wrote:Hi John G,

embassy staff, especially from certain regions, sometimes do not know the rules well.

I once tested the knowledge of all Schengen embassies by asking the same question, and publishing their replies:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=30020

I came to the conclusion that it´s not importannt what the Embassy tells you, as long as the borderguards know what they are doing, since those guys will in practice determine if you enter somewhere or not...

...and, unfortunately, there´s no direct connection between Embassy staff and border guards. So a country giving crappy info via their Embassies (Italy) could well admit you at the airport.

Shining exception of all is tiny Malta, whose Embassy provided me with a letter stating explicitly that I may enter without a visa :!:

Rgds and good luck,
Christian
Hi Christian,

Thanks for the reply and info.

I get what you say and suppose we just have to run the risk I guess?

Thanks again and I'll update with any stories etc,

John

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu May 31, 2012 7:48 pm

Read through this thread. There are people getting on board planes and entering with an article 10 residence card.

You can be one of them!

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=98029

John G

SUCCESS!!!!!

Post by John G » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:33 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Read through this thread. There are people getting on board planes and entering with an article 10 residence card.

You can be one of them:!:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=98029
FYI below:!: Only took like over 20 e-mails for them to confirm what is EU Law:!:

Muppet's:!:

Now I will print and keep that e-mail up my sleeve if the border guards are up for a battle:!: :!: :!: :D

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 6 June 2012 15:21
Subject: R: I: Fwd: EEA rights under "Residence Card of a Family Member of a EEA national"
To: john gargan

Dear Mr. Gargan,

I would like to confirm you that according to the italian Law "Decreto Legislativo 6 febbraio 2007, n. 30" (that implemented the European Union Directive 2004/38/CE), and according to artt. 2, 5 and 10, you do not need to have a visa to travel to Italy together with the EU family member as long as you hold the type of UK Residence card that enables you to enter Italy and other Schengen countries without visa.

Hope this satisfy your request

Regards

Antonio Caramadre
Deputy Head of Visa Section

diana_karina
Newly Registered

Post by diana_karina » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:45 pm

Hi, very good discussion is happening here! I wonder if you have any thoughts on my situation?
I am a holder of Estonian Alien's passport (not EU). Live in uk since 2005 with my Estonian (EU family member) mother, she has permanent residence blue booklet. I had residence card for 5 years, it is now expired.
I have decided to travel to Estonia on the 4th May 2012. So checked with UKBA if i need a visa/ extension of residence. But was pointed to this: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ts-family/
which said 'You do not need to obtain documents confirming your right of residence in the UK if you are a family member of an EEA national.' And the lady added:'Take your mum's residence document just in case, and you will be fine!'

Just to be prepared I took with me: my mum's residence booklet, print out of the page from the website and my birth certificate, my student & staff cards and few more documents.

However on the 9th May, I was denied boarding by the EasyJet crew members at the boarding gate in Tallinn. They said i need a visa.
Then there were lots of stressfull things happening for next few days.
But does anyone have any initial thoughts?
Thank you so much.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:30 pm

diana_karina wrote:Hi, very good discussion is happening here! I wonder if you have any thoughts on my situation?
I am a holder of Estonian Alien's passport (not EU). Live in uk since 2005 with my Estonian (EU family member) mother, she has permanent residence blue booklet. I had residence card for 5 years, it is now expired.
I have decided to travel to Estonia on the 4th May 2012. So checked with UKBA if i need a visa/ extension of residence. But was pointed to this: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ts-family/
which said 'You do not need to obtain documents confirming your right of residence in the UK if you are a family member of an EEA national.' And the lady added:'Take your mum's residence document just in case, and you will be fine!'

Just to be prepared I took with me: my mum's residence booklet, print out of the page from the website and my birth certificate, my student & staff cards and few more documents.

However on the 9th May, I was denied boarding by the EasyJet crew members at the boarding gate in Tallinn. They said i need a visa.
Then there were lots of stressfull things happening for next few days.
But does anyone have any initial thoughts?
Thank you so much.
Where are you now? Are you in Estonia or the UK?

diana_karina
Newly Registered

Post by diana_karina » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:42 am

Where are you now? Are you in Estonia or the UK?

-
I am back in UK (thank god!). I left Tallinn on 13th May, so 4 days later than expected. It was an absoulte mess tbh. I've asked Tallinn airport manager to call UK and confirm with them that it is ok for me to travel. And yes, it was confirmed- I am ok to board. So she appologised and said I can go on a next plane, which was next day. So I bought a new ticket... She also wrote me a letter to show to new crew members at the boarding gate the next day, so i won't have same problem.

Next day I come to the airport, got as far as Boarding gate again, where easyjet people say that they can not accept that letter as today there is a new manager on shift. :cry:
I was so angry, asked them quickly to call UK, it's not my problem they don't know regulations. So after lots of shouting, they called. And that day, UK said, yes, don't let her on a plane!!! Why do i get conflicting advice?! And I am responsible person, I called UKBA asked my situation before the travel, my mum did, just to confirm, they said it's fine.

It was a very very long story. I've talked to lots and lots of people. Had to spend money on hotels, on plane tickets, on phone calls etc as i have no relatives in Estonia. Missed few days of work because of this delay.

In the end I had to fax copy of my documents to the Stansted Airport Boarding Control: my passport, mum's residence, birth certicicate, proof that i am a student. And they then confirmed to the Airport manager I can board and that they will check my original documents on arrival at Stansted.

And guess what?! I've arrived at Stansted, went through the boarding control and noone checked anything!!! Lady just let me through like nothing ever happened...

What that all suppose to mean?! I just had a feeling it all depends how lucky you get with people you speak to and noone knows the rules :roll:
But who will pay the compensation for all the money spent and stress :(

John G

Post by John G » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:48 am

diana_karina wrote:Where are you now? Are you in Estonia or the UK?

-
I am back in UK (thank god!). I left Tallinn on 13th May, so 4 days later than expected. It was an absoulte mess tbh. I've asked Tallinn airport manager to call UK and confirm with them that it is ok for me to travel. And yes, it was confirmed- I am ok to board. So she appologised and said I can go on a next plane, which was next day. So I bought a new ticket... She also wrote me a letter to show to new crew members at the boarding gate the next day, so i won't have same problem.

Next day I come to the airport, got as far as Boarding gate again, where easyjet people say that they can not accept that letter as today there is a new manager on shift. :cry:
I was so angry, asked them quickly to call UK, it's not my problem they don't know regulations. So after lots of shouting, they called. And that day, UK said, yes, don't let her on a plane!!! Why do i get conflicting advice?! And I am responsible person, I called UKBA asked my situation before the travel, my mum did, just to confirm, they said it's fine.

It was a very very long story. I've talked to lots and lots of people. Had to spend money on hotels, on plane tickets, on phone calls etc as i have no relatives in Estonia. Missed few days of work because of this delay.

In the end I had to fax copy of my documents to the Stansted Airport Boarding Control: my passport, mum's residence, birth certicicate, proof that i am a student. And they then confirmed to the Airport manager I can board and that they will check my original documents on arrival at Stansted.

And guess what?! I've arrived at Stansted, went through the boarding control and noone checked anything!!! Lady just let me through like nothing ever happened...

What that all suppose to mean?! I just had a feeling it all depends how lucky you get with people you speak to and noone knows the rules :roll:
Geez! Sorry to hear about all that stress! :x

I will let others that know more about the law than me to advice, my only suggestion to you is next time get something in writing!

I am e-mailing the Spanish/Italian and French consulates to confirm my partners EEA travel rights under European Union Directive 2004/38/CE.

As you say, most border guards are inept and don't know the law! You need to go armed with evidence and be willing to fight your corner!

All the best and good luck in the future!

John

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:57 am

diana_karina wrote:
Essentially the rules are that you need to have valid travel documentation to be allowed to board.

If you get to a border, you can argue your case.

Glad you're back of course.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:15 pm

diana_karina wrote:...I've arrived at Stansted, went through the boarding control and noone checked anything!!! Lady just let me through like nothing ever happened...
I guess after arriving you went through immigration, not "boarding control"?

However, sorry about that, and seems it was very stressful.
diana_karina wrote:But who will pay the compensation for all the money spent and stress :(
Easyjet will have to. They will deny everything, unless you really sue them.

I guess suing them for compensation should work, as long as you can prove everything happened exactly as you wrote.

There was a very similar case here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=91710

Easyjet staff seems very badly trained about "exotic" EU regulations. But this doesn´t change that they have to know them.

You´re responsible to have papers with you, which are valid for entry, Easyjet is obliged to know which papers are valid for entry, no matter how exotic.

diana_karina
Newly Registered

Post by diana_karina » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:45 pm

ca.funke wrote:
diana_karina wrote:...I've arrived at Stansted, went through the boarding control and noone checked anything!!! Lady just let me through like nothing ever happened...
I guess after arriving you went through immigration, not "boarding control"?

However, sorry about that, and seems it was very stressful.
diana_karina wrote:But who will pay the compensation for all the money spent and stress :(
Easyjet will have to. They will deny everything, unless you really sue them.

I guess suing them for compensation should work, as long as you can prove everything happened exactly as you wrote.

There was a very similar case here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=91710

Easyjet staff seems very badly trained about "exotic" EU regulations. But this doesn´t change that they have to know them.

You´re responsible to have papers with you, which are valid for entry, Easyjet is obliged to know which papers are valid for entry, no matter how exotic.
Thanks for your response. I am in a process of writing lots of complaint letters. I am angry at lots of people :lol: and Estonian government is one of them for giving me this silly Alien's Passport which gives me all the trouble. But that's a different story.

I have one more last question, maybe you could help. :D

At check in desk at Luton airport (on the way to Tallinn), a lady looked at my passport and then stamped my, i think, boarding pass. Then at my first attempt to board the (Tallinn-Stansted) plane, when i was fighting with the easyjet crew. They said something like: If i show them that stamp, they might let me board. (But unfortunately i've binned it somewhere as didn't think it was important so couldn't provide it). Why was it so important for them to see that stamp i got from Luton? :cry:

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:49 pm

diana_karina wrote:Why was it so important for them to see that stamp i got from Luton? :cry:
I assume it was a "documentation checked" stamp.

Some airlines employ staff who are "specialised" in verifying entry-requirements papers. Only once you´ve been cleared by one of their staff, you can board the plane. This clearance is documented by the stamp...

Writing complaint-letters won´t get you anywhere. You will have to sue. I recommend talking to a lawyer to recuperate your expenses.

It´s a mess. :(

tdw197
Newly Registered

Post by tdw197 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:30 am

Hi, this thread is very interesting, I would just like to check something:

I am a UK national and my zambian wife holds a biometric residence permit with ILR as my spouse. We are going to travel to spain in august with our two children (both have british passports), does this mean she does not need a schengen visa?

we have been in the past and have always got a visa - but i'm not sure of them meaning of family member - does this included spouses?

cheers

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:15 am

tdw197 wrote:...does this included spouses?
Most certainly does - this is the first relation mentioned in the directive, thus the "safest/surest" relation of them all.

tdw197
Newly Registered

Post by tdw197 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:32 am

ca.funke wrote:
Most certainly does - this is the first relation mentioned in the directive, thus the "safest/surest" relation of them all.
excellent, so, if you had the option would you still apply for a schengen via, or just risk it???

the spanish consulate website: ([url]http://www.maec.es/subwebs/Consulados/L ... s.aspx/url]

seems to suggest, if a spouse is included, that we shoudlnt apply for a visa

tdw197
Newly Registered

Post by tdw197 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:33 am

ca.funke wrote:
excellent, so, if you had the option would you still apply for a schengen via, or just risk it???

the spanish consulate website: http://www.maec.es/subwebs/Consulados/L ... vices.aspx

seems to suggest, if a spouse is included, that we shoudlnt apply for a visa

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:46 am

tdw197 wrote:...would you still apply for a schengen via, or just risk it???...
That´s hard to answer, and I always give the same answer: You are legally allowed to travel without visa, but this right is sometimes unknown and can lead to rejections. So you can "risk" it if you are 100% prepared (see first post in this thread), but if you want to make absolutely sure then there´s no way around a visa.

Rgds, Christian

tdw197
Newly Registered

Post by tdw197 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:49 am

ca.funke wrote:
tdw197 wrote:...would you still apply for a schengen via, or just risk it???...
That´s hard to answer, and I always give the same answer: You are legally allowed to travel without visa, but this right is sometimes unknown and can lead to rejections. So you can "risk" it if you are 100% prepared (see first post in this thread), but if you want to make absolutely sure then there´s no way around a visa.

Rgds, Christian
cheers christian, will check out the visa method - we used to do it via manchester but it seems to only be london using a private comapny now, can't tell exactly as the website seems broken...

tdw197
Newly Registered

Post by tdw197 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:59 am

one other question,if I may.

Does having a UK Biometric Residence Permit mean that the holder has an EEA family member Residence Card?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:25 pm

tdw197 wrote:one other question,if I may.

Does having a UK Biometric Residence Permit mean that the holder has an EEA family member Residence Card?
No, it does not.

IF you get a border you could argue your case. You may be denied boarding for being undocumented. The documents that EU embassies quote is an article 10 residence card and you don't have one.

rihsabramo

Post by rihsabramo » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:30 pm

Hi,

I've read through this thread and still a little confused.

My wife is from Pakistan and coming to the UK soon, we are planning a trip to Italy. Does she need to apply for a Schengen visa from Pakistan? how long does it take if so?

Ideally hope that she can fly into Italy and I meet her there.

Or if she comes here and we go from here, can we go without a Shengen, i don't speak good Italian if any so it might be a bit of a hassle? Can we apply for a Schengen visa in the UK and get it the same day if we go to the embassy?

I don't want to book tickets/hotels if getting the visa is going to be a problem?

Thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:46 pm

rihsabramo wrote:Hi,

I've read through this thread and still a little confused.

My wife is from Pakistan and coming to the UK soon, we are planning a trip to Italy. Does she need to apply for a Schengen visa from Pakistan? how long does it take if so?

Ideally hope that she can fly into Italy and I meet her there.

Or if she comes here and we go from here, can we go without a Shengen, i don't speak good Italian if any so it might be a bit of a hassle? Can we apply for a Schengen visa in the UK and get it the same day if we go to the embassy?

I don't want to book tickets/hotels if getting the visa is going to be a problem?

Thanks
Are you British? If so the directive 2004/38/EC would apply.

I would have thought obtaining a same day visa from Italy is a little unrealistic.

mazhar-uk

Post by mazhar-uk » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:25 pm

Dear All,

Thank you very much for such an informative post and links. I have gone through the post and have seen 2 different scenarios "Part 1" and "Part 2" in the beginning. My question is a little bit different and I really appreciate the reply from experts and seniors.

The scenario is as follows:

• You are a family-member of an EEA-citizen (e.g. non EU parents of EU citizen) AND

• Legally living inside the EU and inside Schengen area AND

• You have been given a "Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen"

In this case - Are you legally entitled to travel to all of the EEA including UK, as long as your EU family member travels with you, or you "join the EU family member".?

Thanks and regards