ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job does not match any of the SOC codes!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

asiyaislam
Newly Registered

Job does not match any of the SOC codes!

Post by asiyaislam » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:51 am

Hello,

I have been told by my employer that my job does not match ANY of the SOC codes sufficiently, so they can't sponsor me.

I work as Equality and Diversity Assistant and a lot of my work is around communications, publicity and promotions. I manage a blog and website and write reports and briefings. So I thought I could match SOC code for PR Officers/Publicity Assistants. But HR said that I don't match it 'sufficiently'. I asked them if they had identified another SOC code that matched my job and they said no.

My understanding was that the UKBA expects employers to match jobs to the 'most relevant' or 'most appropriate' SOC code and that a job would not necessarily match UKBA's example job 100%. So if my job matches the example job 70-80%, I should be eligible for sponsorship. Is this right?

Thank you!

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:55 am

It would he helpful if you stuck to the same thread

I thought from your previous thread that the issue was that your employer had identified a code but that this was a borderline and not graduate level job?

asiyaislam
Newly Registered

Job does not match any SOC codes!

Post by asiyaislam » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:00 am

Sorry, I thought this was a different issue, so posted a new topic. Yes, you're right, that's what they had said earlier. But now they have reviewed it and taken into consideration my arguments and concluded that my job does not match any of the SOC codes.
Greenie wrote:It would he helpful if you stuck to the same thread

I thought from your previous thread that the issue was that your employer had identified a code but that this was a borderline and not graduate level job?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:31 pm

Please continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!