ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence: 1 month away in July = 30 or 31 days?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dbook07
Newly Registered

Long Residence: 1 month away in July = 30 or 31 days?

Post by dbook07 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:58 pm

The guidance here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... categories clearly states that

"Calculating absences from the UK
When calculating absences from the UK for long residence, a month is made up of 30 calendar days."

So if I were out of the country from 1st July to 10th August, does that count as 40 days (a month and 10 days in August) or 41 days (31 days in July and 10 days in August).

The reason I'm asking is it makes a difference to my application. I have been taking many holidays for the last 10 years. When I count the total number of "whole day" absences they come to 542 days. However, when I count a month as 30 days, plus the remaining days on that particular holiday (e.g. example above) the total comes to 533. Of course we all know the limit is 18 months (540 days).

Thanks in advance for you replies. I have already sent my application based on 533 days, I'm just a bit concerned whether they would have a case for not granting me.