ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC application/ References/ NCS application queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

doc_S

BC application/ References/ NCS application queries

Post by doc_S » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:21 am

Dear All,
Thanks to this wonderful forum, very helpful. Applying for BC (eligible already just lazy in filling application and booking NCS appt). Few questions, I need to ask, if someone can kindly clarify?

Applying joint application (me and wife ... Form AN) + two children (aged 7 & 2... Form MN1). Will be applying via NCS.

1. Can I apply on behalf of all family? Or do all the applicants need to attend at NCS?

2. Do I need to make photocopies of all documents for each application or NCS would normally like to do their own copies?

3. References: For 2nd referee, a family friend who is a doctor, for all 4 applicants. For 1st referee, another family friend who is a Consultant (doctor) in NHS for all 4 applicants. Do they meet specifications? Or is it compulsory for MN1 applications to have a referee who knows children in professional capacity? (As GPs here have refused. For elder son teacher/school refused too. No referee for younger child other than GP but he refused.)

4. For one referee,as I knew details and confirm that he would be one, so I filled the details on computer (type written) and later got his signature. The other referee details are hand written and signed by referee. Is it acceptable? Or both have to be hand written by referees themselves (as some people suggest)?

Thanks all for your help.
Regards.

Last_one_standing
Newly Registered

Post by Last_one_standing » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:56 pm

1. Yes you can because I did it for my family. No need for whole family to attend.
2. You can make copies of the application form(s) or NCS can do it for you for a fee. NCS prefer to see original UKBA documents (with ILR, Life in the UK test) and make copies of these.
3. Referees can be anyone in a professional capacity (who knows the family) i.e Doctors, Head teachers, people of the clergy. The only reason they would refuse might be that they do not know you that well to vouch for you.
4. There is a section on the form(s) specifically for referees. I don’t understand why you have to type/write them.

All in all, life is simple, don’t complicate it
[/quote]

doc_S

Post by doc_S » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:09 am

Thank you very much for your reply Last_one_standing.

With regards to section on referees, I think you misunderstood. When I said type written, I meant, I filled the section of the form on computer using PDF editor. (That is how I usually fill forms instead of writing by hand). I did not mean that I have written the whole referees section myself :D Just filled the blank boxes with PDF editor.

We are registered with same GP for seven years and the school where my son goes, know him for 3 years. But both GP and school say they don't provide this service to anyone.

What I understand is "to know family in a professional capacity" is different from just a referee who is professional and knows family. ( e.g., GP or teacher know us in their professional capacity as a doctor or teacher. However, a family friend who knows us as a friend, and who is a professional like doctor, but has no professional relationship with family --- can that friend be a referee in both categories as referee 1&2 (different friends of course for both) )

Last_one_standing
Newly Registered

Post by Last_one_standing » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:28 pm

doc_S

1. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Using my own experiences, for my daughter's application form for naturalisation, I had my daughter's Head teacher and Parish Priest sign the form for me. Like you, I also tried to get her GP to do it but they required a fee to do it. For her passport, the Parish Priest and a family friend (who all have British passports) signed the form.

2. For my own naturalisation, my Parish Priest and a family friend both signed the AN form. All applications went through without any hitches.

I don't understand why the GP and school Head can't sign the form as it clearly says they can do so on the form.

I hope you get round this as it is a small matter which should not hold you back.

Good luck